In my company we have an existing product that runs on Windows 7 and communicates with our web services.
We wish to make a Windows 8 tablet version of our product, and my first thought was:
“Hey, its just a new Windows version, so we can probably use our existing model, data access and business layer logic projects, and just focus on making a new UI layer”
But I fear that this is not the case, or am I wrong?
I tried opening our VS2010 solution file in VS2012 Express, but received an error “This edition of Visual Studio only supports Windows Store apps”.
So, my naive hope now is: Can anyone tell me the easiest way to make our existing code work in a Windows 8 App?
The code is .NET C#, and my thought was that I just wanted to make a Windows 8 app so that the product had a tablet/touch friendly interface.
More Related Questions
- CreateIconFromResourceEx not working on Windows8 We are using CreateIconFromResourceEx function in our code to generate Icon, this function is returning NULL in case of Win8 with GetLastError () returing 0. Same function is working fine […]
- Accessing Windows 8 libraries in VS2012 on Windows 7 Running VS2012 Pro on Windows 7 Pro, I need to develop a desktop application for a Windows 8 environment (this is NOT a metro-style interface). What I can't figure out is how to reference […]
- Triple Boot Question I have successfully set up a a win7,win8 and Ubuntu 12.10 system. Windows 8 and Ubuntu are located on the same SSD, while windows 7 is located on another SSD. All went great and I can […]
- A connection attempt failed msmq Need your help for the following issue.
I basically have two applications, one web and another windows application.
The web application is used by the user. After the user provides any […]
- windows phone 8 and windows 8 tablet I'm wondering how to develop an app for both Windows Phone 8 and a Windows 8 tablet? When creating a new Windows Phone project in Visual Studio, I don't see any options to target phone […]
- Windows 8 & Windows Phone 8 How can I develop an App with Visual Studio Professional 2012 for both Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 (tablets)? I hope on beeing able to reuse most of the code. Asked By - […]
- Deploying Worklight application to Windows 8 pro x64 I'm using Worklight v6.1 and i'm facing an issue on deploying my app to Windows 8, the reproduction steps are the following:
added the Windows 8 environment to the Worklight […]
- visual studio 2012 new windows store app on windows 8 firewall error im install VS2012 on windows8 with SDK
from menu File >> New Project >> XAML app project
and after get developer license, when i want to compile it, this error accured
- Does simple windows forms work on windows 8 and windows 8 tablets?(Resolved) I'm developing a windows business aplication that needs to work on windows 7, 8 and windows 8 tablet.
I have to use a lot of grids on this development and it must be on .net.
Does "simple […]
- web applicaion doesnt work in windows 8 localhost but works in VS 2008 iis express I migrated my computer from windows xp x86 to windows 8 x64. I have a web application in Visual Studio 2008 and I'm trying to use it in localhost but it gives me the following error: