» Workaround to prevent Facebook "Like" cross-domain error?
Workaround to prevent Facebook "Like" cross-domain error?
|January 24, 2012
Posted by forumadmin
I’ve been working on this particular error for a week now, debugging different social buttons and narrowing it down to Facebook in general: every “Like” button I’ve implemented (HTML5, xfbml, etc.) triggers the same cross-domain scripting error. Basically, Facebook is triggering this error with every iFrame (like below) upon clicking “like”:
Why this isn’t a duplicate: the issue occurs even in the absence of the twitter button and google+ button. it also occurs in every implementation of the “like” button. the symptoms point to a new issue.
Methods attempted: I’ve tried multiple “versions” of the Like button all with the same issue. It’s even conflicting with DISQUS.
Suspects: Pages that do not have any DISQUS code are functioning normally. This variable (output by DISQUS wordpress plugin) is suspect:
var facebookXdReceiverPath = 'http://www.vancitybuzz.com/wp-content/plugins/disqus-comment-system/xd_receiver.htm';
See it yourself: Go to http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2012/01/research-in-motion-ceos-resign/ it’s likely to change, though.
Given the information here, does anyone know of a workaround to force out the cross-domain error? Many thanks.
More Related Questions
- Workaround to prevent Facebook "Like" cross-domain error? I've been working on this particular error for a week now, debugging different social buttons and narrowing it down to Facebook in general: every "Like" button I've implemented (HTML5, […]
- Facebook like and Twitter tweet buttons causing Cross Domain Issues I am using both the twitter tweet button, and the facebook like button
According to the […]
- multiple facebook like buttons (fb:like) are not working: unliking themself EDIT: LAST UPDATE:
So, we've tested some more. I used the facebook developers 'lintner' http://developers.facebook.com/tools/lint/. There are no errors found on either one of my pages […]
- Facebook "Like" button callback I am interested in implementing the facebook "Like" button, but I would like to know what user is clicking on this button so I can get some useful information from this. From what I have […]
- How to display Facebook Like button and Twitter Tweet button next to each other? I cannot get the FB Like button and the Tweet button to display next to each other!!
<div class="grid_3 social">
- Like social plugin displays zero likes for any Facebook photo Problem: when Facebook Like plugin (the like button) is used to allow people to like my facebook posts through my website, it does not display proper number of likes for Photos in my feed. […]
- Allow users to add disqus/facebook comments plugin Imagine a tool that helps people to build their portfolios. As a part of it, the tool allows its users to add disqus/facebook comments widget on their portfolios so that people visiting […]
- Allow users to add disqus/facebook comments plugin(Resolved) Imagine a tool that helps people to build their portfolios. As a part of it, the tool allows its users to add disqus/facebook comments widget on their portfolios so that people visiting […]