» Windows Store Apps: The host name in the certificate is invalid or does not match
Windows Store Apps: The host name in the certificate is invalid or does not match
|May 26, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
in my windows 8.1 application, when I call a web service, I get the following exception:
The host name in the certificate is invalid or does not match
The code I use:
HttpBaseProtocolFilter filter = new HttpBaseProtocolFilter();
HttpClient client = new HttpClient(filter);
HttpResponseMessage msg = await client.GetAsync(new Uri("[Service_URL]",UriKind.Absolute));
IRandomAccessStream randomAccessStream=(IRandomAccessStream)await msg.Content.ReadAsInputStreamAsync();
I’m using the HttpBaseProtocolFilter to bypass the errors that could be with the server’s certificate, but it seems that it does not overcome the above exception.
Is there any workaround for this ?
More Related Questions
I have simple question if its possible to get certificate from https website and then check its fingerprint ?
- How to decrypt encrypted files in windows 8.1? I encrypted some files in order to hide them, but I didn't know about it much and didn't do things right I guess. (from 'advanced' option i.e. beside the hidden attribute in […]
- Get Default Program For Extension How can I retrieve the default application registered with a specific extension?
I have found several posts online which state that the default app is registered with the default value in […]
- Ways to associate an App Store App and a Desktop App I am working on a product for Windows 8 that needs to perform some low-level tasks, display some UI, and communicate with an external server. I definitely need a Windows service to […]
- Httpclinet getasync resetting cookies I'm working on a cross platform app targeting windows phone8, windows 8, android and Ios. The app needs to get some data from the internet and reuse the data accordingly. So I have a […]
- After upgrading to Windows 8.1, unable to run Windows Phone emulator without memory error After I updated my Samsung Series 9 SSD laptop with 8GB of RAM to Windows 8.1, (not even a year old, and top-of-line when purchased last november), I am now unable to run the Windows Phone […]
- How to activate app through protocol activation from share charm I am trying to activate my app from its own share contract (please - don't comment about whether or not this is okay to do from a Certification point of view... The app activation is done […]
- implementing live tile push noifications in C# asmx webservice i have an asmx web service that host various data, and now i want to send live tile updates from the web service. I have understood that push notifications can be sent from cloud to WSN, […]
- Running Python in PHP as a script in XAMPP (WINDOWS 8.1) These are the actions that I have taken and I still can't seem to run the script on PHP on my windows 8.1 platform.
Please do note that I have installed Python and have tested it. I am […]
- ShellExecuteW not working well on Windows 8.1? I call standard ShellExecuteW call on Windows8.1 to open PPS (powerpoint slide) file.
This works just fine on Windows 7. On Windows 8.1. it reports "There is no program associated to open […]