» Why this occurs error: Diskfilter writes are not supported
Why this occurs error: Diskfilter writes are not supported
|May 17, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
This message occurs when leaving the Grub menu and before the Ubuntu splash screen.
How do I fix the problem to clear the message?
And what doe is it mean?
error: Diskfilter writes are not supported
System boots and seems to work just fine.
More Related Questions
- Permanent Changes to Grub2 Menu This is related to this discussion: Ubuntu 14.04 not booting after error message. /temp could not be mounted. The answers given in that link allowed me to successfully boot Ubuntu […]
- After updating grub, my dell inspiran laptop boots but goes blank screen I was facing a problem with my Radeon graphics card (getting too hot). So I applied the following solution given here:
Enable AMD Radeon DPM (Dynamic Power Management):
To enable DPM in […]
- Stuck at unresponsive ubuntu logo screen after upgrading to 14.04 When i upgraded to 14.04 and restarted the computer to finish the upgrade, ubuntu started to freez at the ubuntu logo with 5 orange dots screen. it didn't respond to Esc or alt+F1 or F2. […]
- PLoP Bootmanager not loading from GRUB, Attemped dual-boot with Windows 7 so I recently tried to get PLoP Bootmanager working on an HP Pavilion 2000 Series, I had to tweak the settings to make it load though, however, when I try to load it, I get something about […]
- Brightness problem in Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin I own a ACER ASPIRE5734Z that has a Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz × 2. I tried this solution,but did not work out:
Open terminal ( Ctrl+Alt+T ) and type:
sudo gedit […]
- Ubuntu on Acer E1-510 So I have an Acer E1-510-2821 Computer I recently purchased at Walmart. The computer came pre-installed with Windows 8.1. The system of course is UEFI, and unfortunately has no legacy Bios […]
- Installing Ubuntu in a external hard drive and NOT placing GRUB of my C: hard drive what I want to do is this.
I have an external hard disk drive, a SEAGATE expansion 1TB, you can take it a look […]
- Grub loads after rEFInd I have a dual-boot UEFI laptop, with Ubuntu and Windows. I installed rEFInd to boot to these systems, and it worked fine, but my linux system was triplicated. I supposed it was because of […]
- Blank screen booting Ubuntu 14.04 iso on 2011 Macbook Pro 17" Macbook Pro (17-inch, Late 2011)
I've tried booting from the official Ubuntu-14.04 desktop iso, and I can get to the grub menu, however choosing either "try ubuntu" or "install ubuntu" […]
- remove grub using from inside windows 7 last year I installed Ubuntu on my pc and everything worked fine then one day i accidentally removed the Ubuntu partition but the boot menu that allow u to choose between windows 7 and […]