» Which QT Version/Build is more stable?
Which QT Version/Build is more stable?
|July 8, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
I am a newbie to QT.
I used to play with QT examples on Win7 (32bit) and had a lot of fun.
Now I bought a new Win8 (64bit）PC and wanted to work with QT.
I installed that lasted vs 2012 express + Qt 5.1.0 for Windows 64-bit (VS 2012, 525 MB)
To my disappointment, After building, the exe of examples kept crashing my Win8.
I doubt that the Qt 5.1.0 is stable enough for the developing.
I only need QT as an interface.
I only use the widgets parts.
And my development time is short.
I guess maybe an older version is more stable?
Also I guess maybe the 32bit version is more stable?
1) Could anyone please suggest a more stable version and build? So that I can develop with it and release it.
2) Is it OK to run multiple versions of VS express and QT on one PC?
More Related Questions
- How to implement a video widget in Qt that builds upon GStreamer? I want to use Qt to create a simple GUI application that can play a local video file. I could use Phonon which does all the work behind the scenes, but I need to have a little more […]
- QTreeWidget vertical scrollbar jumps too far I have a QTreeWidget in my application that is populated by a user selection elsewhere. The contents of the first column of treewidget is other custom qt widgets based on the users […]
- Qt rendering an image and showing it I have a small app that renders an image. It's in .ppm format and opens nicely in Mac's Xee image viewer. The image is created in the default project folder.
However, the user doesn't […]
- Beyond Stack Sampling: C++ Profilers A Hacker's Tale
The date is 12/02/10. The days before Christmas are dripping away and I've pretty much hit a major road block as a windows programmer. I've been using AQTime, I've tried […]
- Auto resizing qt application. (main window) I've recently started development in qt and so far it's going good. Now my question is : can I auto re-size qt application as per my screen resolution ? Say, I 've a main window designed […]
- Play RTP video stream using Qt? I want to create a Qt widget that can play incoming RTP streams where the video is encoded as H264 and contains no audio.
My basic plan for implementation is this:
Create a Phonon […]
- Signals and Slots, Widget it not updating I have been reading about Qt signals and slots and I am trying to get this to work, but until now without success. I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
I have two files, […]
- Qt Project qmake Error on Building I'm new at Qt. I made a Qt Quick Application. When I try to build project, compiler gives this error:
23:26:42: Running steps for project Basla...
23:26:42: Starting: […]
- How to use Intel C++ Compiler with Qt Creator I am writing a program wherein i will need to do a stupendous number of numerical calculations. But since I am developing the front end of the program in Qt Creator, I have as yet been […]
- Instantiating/Accessing COM API from Qt I am trying to access a COM API of an application using Qt. However when I try to instantiate the COM API object I get:
D:\dev\git\com_example\Lights.h:441: error: undefined reference to […]