» Whats the best solution for OpenID with Django?
Whats the best solution for OpenID with Django?
|January 23, 2010
Posted by forumadmin
There are at least half a dozen Django apps that provide OpenID authentication for Django:
I played around with a couple of them. Simon Willison’s django-openid made a good impression, but as he is at the forefront of trendsetting in Djangoland, I sometimes have difficulties wrapping my head around his trends (e.g. the whole dynamic urlpatterns system in django-openid). What’s more, I couldn’t get login to work with Google.
django-authopenid made a good impression, and it seems to have good integration with django-registration. django-socialauth and django-socialregistration have support for Twitter and Facebook, which is definitely a plus. Who knows if and when Facebook will start to be an OpenID provider…? socialauth seems to have its share of problems, though.
So, what is the best OpenID app out there? Please share any positive (and negative) experience. Thanks!
More Related Questions
- Error While Using Social Auth API for Login I am trying to integrate google login at me Django site using social auth. I recently came to know that Google has deprecated OpenId, so i am using OAuth2.0 credential, changed my […]
- Import logged in user disqus comments I have set up an openid logging in system for mysite and the famous disqus commenting system.
How can I integrate these both, i.e. retrieve the logged in user information in the disqus […]
- Federated identity on Google App Engine I am successful with the both methods below, to log on using federated log in for my site on Google App Engine (Python)
users.create_login_url("\", "google", […]
- What is the right way to use django-allauth with tastypie? I'm writing a Django app that uses django-allauth for Facebook integration, and uses django-tastypie for a backend for an iOS app. The iOS app will use the native Facebook iOS SDK. I'd […]
- What CMS runs on Google App Engine? Is it possible to deploy any CMS (Content Management System) using Google App Engine? Wikipedia lists 4 Python CMSes and one of them is Django based.
Do you know any way to make any of […]
- Large Django application layout I am in a team developing a web-based university portal, which will be based on Django. We are still in the exploratory stages, and I am trying to find the best way to lay the […]
- Modifying and creating sites in djangos admin app I have to include multiple changes to djangos admin panel, so I decided to fork the django admin app into my own django project.
As I was working with this admin app I recognized, that […]
- How to allow X_FRAME_OPTIONS in Django app in my Django settings.py file I have
MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = (
X_FRAME_OPTIONS = 'ALLOW-FROM […]
- Testing the twitter app on local server in django with twython I am using the twython library, to do handshakes with twitter python library.
And I am testing things on my local server, 127.0.0.1:8000
This is my first django view, that generates the […]
- News sources for python django I find myself continually sifting through the net to keep up with Python/Django/web development trends and news. Does anyone recommend any good news sites that focus on web development or […]