» Whats the advantage of using celery with rabbitmq over Redis, MongoDB or Django ORM)
Whats the advantage of using celery with rabbitmq over Redis, MongoDB or Django ORM)
|February 4, 2012
Posted by forumadmin
Is there a speed advantage, functionality advantage?
Also using Django ORM (mysql), is it a lot slower than using rabbitmq, mongodb or redis?
Im currently hosting on webfaction, and installing erland and rabbit is both complicated, and from comments i read takes quite a bit of ram, so would just running celery with database be a smarter option? why or why not?
More Related Questions
- Celery multi with queues set up not receiving tasks from django I am running my workers with the following command:
celery -A myapp multi start 4 -l debug -Q1:3 queue1,queue2 -Q:4 queue3
The workers start out very well so when i run
- django celery redis error ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: OK I keep getting the error "ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'OK'" when I am trying to run a delayed task with celery with redis in django. Could some show me what is […]
- celery save task to database so in my previous project i used django-celery but in my current project i am using celery because djcelery THIS PROJECT IS NO LONGER REQUIRED
Im using Redis as my backend, and i would […]
- How to choose NoSQL database engine? We have a database with following parameters:
30k records, 7mb in size
1000 range selects/second, by secondary index, approx 10 rows each
needs at […]
- Difference between Document-based and Key/Value-based databases? I know there are three different, popular types of non-sql databases.
Key/Value: Redis, Tokyo Cabinet, Memcached
ColumnFamily: Cassandra, HBase
Document: MongoDB, CouchDB
I have read […]
- Cancel an already executing task with Celery? I am new to Django and Celery. I have been reading the doc and searching but cannot seem to find a straight answer:
Can you cancel an already executing task? (as in the task has started, […]
- How to force import a lib from python site-package? I am using custom django struct as below:
all settings file in conf, all app in src
and need use below manage.py:
if __name__ == "__main__":
ROOT_PATH = […]
- How much faster is Redis than mongoDB? It's widely mentioned that Redis is "Blazing Fast" and mongoDB is fast too. But, I'm having trouble finding actual numbers comparing the results of the two. Given similar configurations, […]
- When to Redis ? when to MongoDB? What I want is not a comparison between Redis and MongoDB. I know they are different, the performance and the API is totally different.
Redis is very fast, but the API is very […]
- MongoDB with redis Can anyone give example use cases of when you would benefit from using Redis and MongoDB in conjunction with each other? Asked By - tonyl7126 Read […]