|August 14, 2012
Posted by forumadmin
For example, instead of using ajax to push boolean data and text about chat messages and changes to a php script that would then store the data in a mysql database, I’d love to push and pull the data to/from a third-party store that provides somewhat the same type of functionality as the localstorage API, but for json.
So I’d like to solve that using some method of storage with a public js API, e.g. some method for storing json, or any end format that supports strings and numbers really, and is store-able and retrievable, similar to localStorage, except persistent and shareable.
What public technologies/solutions are there for such a thing?
More Related Questions
Basically, I'd like to code my site using localStorage to store […]
- Storing arrays in localstorage I'm building an app with Appery.io. It's basically a search app that returns results and then you can click into the results to see details.
Results are returned from a REST api in JSON […]
- Are there any drawbacks to using localStorage instead of Cookies? On my previous websites, I used to use a cookie to display a pre-home page only on the first visit. That worked great (see for example here), but using cookies is not so trendy today, so I […]
- localStorage not set Could anybody perhaps suggest why the following code would not store the stylsheet choice.
- how to store an Array in localStorage? If i didn't need localStorage, my code would look like this:
var names=new Array();
names=prompt("New member name?");
This works, however I need to store this variable in […]
- Saving a CSS web font in HTML5 local storage When building our site, we found that loading web fonts significantly slowed down page rendering on mobiles, so we disabled them on smaller devices. I've since heard you can get around […]