Vim clears tags after failed omnicompletion
|April 5, 2012||Posted by forumadmin under TechQns||
I am using Vim 7.3 with a great deal of plugins, mainly for PHP development. The omnicompletion works well, apart from a small glitch I’ve come across. I’m trying to work out whether this is a bug in Vim or a problem with my set up, so here’s the situation:
set tags=<files> to specify the ctags files that I’m using.
If I then print the contents of tags, I get what I expect to:
:set tags? tags=/home/jon/.vimtags.php,/home/jon/project/.vimtags.php
I can also use omnicomplete as usual, with
<C-o>. This is, until I try and complete with something that doesn’t exist (i.e. an unknown tag that returns no results). I get the “Pattern not found” error message and then, bizarrely, my tags file list is cleared. If I print the contents of tags straight after, I get:
:set tags? tags=
I’ve done a great deal of grepping on the Vim plugins that I’m using but, as far as I can see, none of them are setting the tags files anywhere.
Can anyone tell me whether this is due to something in my set-up or a bug in Vim itself? Or even whether anyone else finds the same issue?
|Asked By – joonty||Read Answers|
More Related Questions
- Vim + OmniCppComplete: Completing on Class Members which are STL containers Completion on class members which are STL containers is failing. Completion on local objects which are STL containers works fine. For example, given the following files: // […]
- VIM – Sourcing tags from multiple locations in project Good day, I typically work on relatively small (less than 20,000 lines of code) projects that are all self contained within a single directory, have their own Makefile, and are fairly […]
- Omnicompletion stops giving useful predictions I am trying to set up omni completion for PHP in vim 7.3 with ctags 5.9~svn20110310 on Ubuntu 12.04.1 (LTS) but I am running into a very strange issue where completion provides radically […]
- No omnicompletion for python class members in vim? I want to create tags (ctags 5.8) file for my classes in python.For functions, and class members defined outside the class definition omnicompletion works ok. However if I define data […]
- Vim auto-generate ctags Right now I have the following in my .vimrc: au BufWritePost *.c,*.cpp,*.h !ctags -R There are a few problems with this: It's slow -- regenerates tags for files that haven't changed […]
- Vims Omnicompletion with Python just doesnt work I've searched around for an hour, both on Stack Overflow and elsewhere. Alas! Please help. Vim's omnicompletion just doesn't work. I have Vim 7.2 compiled with Python support. filetype […]
- Vim omnicompletion for C# I was wondering if there is any tool like OmniCppComplete for C# (method signature shown in the abbreviation is what I'm most interested in). I've searched everywhere with not […]
- Vim omnicompletion for Java I've read heaps of blogs on Vim's supposedly great omnicompletion, and yet no matter what I do I can't get it to work satisfactorily. It took me ages to figure discover that the version of […]
- Vim with python support enviromental variables If i type in the vim command line :python import os;print os.getenv('PYTHONPATH') I get a path If i close vim and on the same terminal do echo $PYTHONPATH I get another completly […]
- Vims omnicompletion fails with "from" imports in Python Omnicompletion for Python seems to fail when there is a "from" import instead of a normal one. For example, if I have these two files: Test.py: class Test: def method(self): […]