» Using SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005 and date time
Using SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005 and date time
|November 25, 2008
Posted by forumadmin
I’ve built a entity framework model against a 2008 database. All works ok against the 2008 database. When I try to update the entity on a 2005 database I get this error.
The version of SQL Server in use does not support datatype 'datetime2
I specifically did not use any 2008 features when I built the database. I can’t find any reference to datetime2 in the code. And, yes the column is defined as “datetime” in the database.
More Related Questions
- Is it possible to force all DateTime properties to be modeled as DateTime2? In Entity Framework 6 Code First, is there a way to force all DateTime properties to be modeled as DateTime2?
I know that I can do
on each individual […]
- SQL Server Management Studio 2008 Intellisense I just installed SQL Server Express 2008 because of intellisense feature. It worked at first but than it stopped working. Looking for the option to check and later consulting Google I have […]
- How do I insert multiple rows WITHOUT repeating the "INSERT INTO dbo.Blah" part of the statement? I know I've done this before years ago, but I can't remember the syntax, and I can't find it anywhere due to pulling up tons of help docs and articles about "bulk imports".
Here's what I […]
- How to retrieve unique records having unique values in two columns from a table in SQL Server I want to query a table where I need the result that contains unique values from two columns together. For e.g.
EnquiryId | EquipmentId | […]
- How to remove diagramming support objects from SQL Server? I need to remove diagramming support tables, stored procs, views, etc from SQL Servrer using TSQL script.
Is there such a script available?
SQL 2005 and 2008. Asked By - […]
- Limit select size of all user queries Stupid question as it sounds but is there any way to implement select size limitation to specific users on SQL Server? Even though a user sends select *, the result set will contain only […]
- Entity Framework and SQL Server View For several reasons that I don't have the liberty to talk about, we are defining a view on our Sql Server 2005 database like so:
CREATE VIEW [dbo].[MeterProvingStatisticsPoint]
- nvarchar(max) vs NText What are the advantages and disadvantages of using the nvarchar(max) vs. NText data types in SQL Server? I don't need backward compatibility, so it is fine that nvarchar(max) isn't […]
- How to read / write geography data using C#, Entity Framework and SQL Server 2008? I have a form from which the user will be able to enter the latitude and longitude of a certain point on the map. The data will be input as string values. I did some research and found out […]
- Using Table valued Function in join There is a Table valued function which gives multiple rows as output and there are 2 columns as output.
Now I want use this function in the query for all the employees in the employees […]