» USB Keyboard & Mouse Stopped Working (Ubuntu 14 LTS)
USB Keyboard & Mouse Stopped Working (Ubuntu 14 LTS)
|August 17, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I’ve been using Ubuntu 14 LTS on my work desktop, laptop, and home desktop without any problems. Does anyone know what I can do?
- Keyboard on Boot
- Keyboard in BIOS
- Keyboard/Mouse on LiveCD
- GRUB Selection Menu
- Keyboard/Mouse Works on other OS’s
What Doesn’t work:
- Login screen keyboard and mouse
- Stopped working for no apparent reason. (Possibly the built in software-updater changed something)
- Internet Message pops up saying cannot connect to internet (Not sure why, works on LiveCD)
- Blinking cursor on input field stops blinking after a few seconds.
- Unplugging keyboard + mouse (Both are using USB 2.0)
- Made sure BIOS has Legacy USB Support on
- Tried different USB ports
- Browsing sites for a solution for a few hours, I cannot find a clear answer.
I have Linux Recovery options with several header versions, I have not tried using an older one. However, I am trying to repair the most current.
More Related Questions
- USB keyboard and mouse not working after upgrade I recently upgraded from Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04. The first time from shut-down, the USB keyboard and mouse don't work at all, but if I restart it works fine. Why is this? Asked By […]
- Ubuntu 14.04 Login freeze, no keyboard or mouse input I just installed Ubuntu 14.04. The live image worked just fine. But after installing I have some problems (which is sad, I already had plenty of problems with Ubuntu 12...). The Login […]
- Mouse/Keyboard not working in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Ok my problem is that when i try to install ubuntu or even 'Try' Ubuntu on my computer the mouse will turn on for about 2-3 Seconds then turn off. The keyboard is wireless and doesn't work […]
- Ubutnu 14.04 installation issue – Keyboard and mouse not working After installing the new Ubuntu version 14.04 LTS, the keyboard and mouse are not working.
I have Ubuntu 10.10 installed and i want to update to the last version (14.04), so i installed […]
- Keyboard is not configured properly I have a problem with my USB keyboard not being correctly configured in Ubuntu 14.10.
lsusb shows the device as Bus 005 Device 010: ID 0db5:0119
dmesg | tail gives the following:
- How to fix: USB mouse settings restored to default on each connection? I'm connecting and disconnecting USB mouse from the notebook. I've noticed that every time default xinput settings is restored, precisely Device Accel Velocity Scaling (271): 10.000000 […]
- Wireless mouse not working in 14.04 I have a HP X3500 Wireless mouse. Ubuntu 14.04
My problem is, that the mouse isn't responding.
if I issue lsusb -
Bus 002 Device 010: ID 3938:1031
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 04f2:b1c1 […]
- Keyboard and mouse are not working on dell laptop after updrading to 14.04 lts version Need a help,
Dell vostro ,
RAM: 4GB ,
Processor: i3 ,
HDD: 500GB ,
Yesterday, I have upgraded my ubuntu OS version 12.** LTS into 14.04 LTS on that time my […]
- Net install (mini.iso) via USB I'm trying to do a net install of Ubuntu 14.04 using mini.iso by following the instructions from Ubuntu Installation Minimal CD Documentation.
64-bit PC (amd64, x86_64)
Ubuntu 14.04 […]
- Just installed Ubuntu 12.10 and my USB mouse & Keyboard wont work I was trying to install Ubuntu 12.10 from a live CD and I wasn't able to get it to recognize either my keyboard (C.Y.B.O.R.G V5) or my mouse (R.A.T 7). I eventually gave up but later on I […]