» Update Manager, Live USB 12.04 LTS (with persistence), Firefox
Update Manager, Live USB 12.04 LTS (with persistence), Firefox
|March 18, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
I am new to Ubuntu. I have a Live USB running 12.04 LTS. I also still have Firefox version 12.0+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 installed and want to upgrade to version 19.
I have searched a bit and my understanding is that Firefox updates are now part of the main system updates. When I run Update Manager I am told that everything is up to date.
I tried running Synaptic to see if is would see a newer version of Firefox and it does not provide an update option for Firefox.
I am thinking that I might be able to uninstall and reinstall Firefox but much rather get the update working.
More Related Questions
- Can I Update a Live USB? I made a persistent Live USB with the usb-creator, and I was wondering if I can just update as one normally would, or if there are special procedures I need to take. Asked By - […]
- Ubuntu Update Manager fails to install upates (Version 12.04 LTS) I am known about Ubuntu for quite a while but only a couple of months ago I started using it more often as my secondary OS.
Anyway, my problem is that the update manager keeps failing to […]
- system dont get updates I am using Ubuntu 12.04 and I don't get any updates.
For more than two weeks, whenever I try to check for updates manually it doesn't show any updates in the update manager. Then I tried […]
- How to install again Update Manager after uninstalling it Ok, the thing is this
I tried asking many times on few ubuntu forums how to deal with my non-responsive Update Manager, but all I was getting was the same stuff (run it from the terminal, […]
- Ubuntu 12.04 – after update it boots in command line only (no windows manager) I have Ubuntu 12.04, which has been working great for me since I installed it a year ago.
Yesterday I ran the updates that update manager recommended. (Last time I ran updates before was […]
- Trouble with " waiting for headers " It seems duplicate but really it's not, I'm really tired of testing all solutions and reaching no success. even I'm thinking about going back to windows because I had several problems with […]
- Dont get any security updates and recommended updates& cannot fix broken packages I am using Ubuntu 12.04.In my update manager it shows all the other updates,but it doesn't show any important security updates(precise-security) and recommended […]
- Cannot update because of Missing packages (12.04 LTS) I'm not being able to update my Ubuntu 12.04 because of missing packages, how can I solve it?
Here's a link of the error I'm getting every time I want to update:
Thanks in advance […]
- 12.04 Failed update error:update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated) I discovered an error in software center (won't install programs) which I tracked down to a failed update. Not sure how it happened. I got this error message in terminal: dpkg was […]
- Firefox is lagging after update to the 29 version Today's update of Firefox to the 29 version makes browsing very slow.
For example Firefox incredibly lagging when I am zooming or moving on google maps.
Does anyone the same problem? How […]