» Unable to upgrade from 12.04 to 14.04
Unable to upgrade from 12.04 to 14.04
|September 3, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
THis is the error message i get:
An unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package information.
Please report this bug against the ‘update-manager’ package and include the following error message:
E:Encountered a section with no Package: header, E:Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_precise_main_i18n_Translation-en, E:The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
How do i force the upgrade to latest package.
I am at 12.04 LTS and want to go to 14.04.1 LTS. The error message only allows me to close & when doing so closes all of the updater. from my past recollection there is a file i need to kill. I can not recall where & its name.
What the other person wanted to do change the allowed download points.
This machine being used to allow guest to access the internet so there is no risk of data lost. One machine did not have the problem and has been upgrading for about 3 hours.
More Related Questions
- Continue Ubuntu 14.04 LTS upgrade after stalled midway I was tryin to upgrade my Saucy Salamander to Trusty Tahr today morning, but due to intermittent connection breaks on my network, the process failed. It was downloading the packages (about […]
- Err http://ppa.launchpad.net raring/main amd64 Packages sudo apt-get update:
Translation-en Fetched 973 kB in 33s (28,8 kB/s) W: Failed to fetch
- Ubuntu 12.04 upgrade to ubuntu 13.04 stalled My update manager and error report programs were broken in Ubuntu 12.04, so i decided to remove 12.04 altogether and upgrade to 13.04. The error I am Getting is:
- apt-get has a error when I use:
sudo apt-get upgrade
I get this Error:
E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status - open (2: No such file or directory)
E: The package lists or status file could not be […]
- Ubuntu 13.10 – how can i install package? How to fix this problem? Everytime i am trying to install/update packages it fails
root@nson:~# sudo apt-get install dconf-editor
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree […]
- Need help to solve error during software update process I have recently upgraded Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04. Now I could not make software updating using software updater, while I'm doing that it showed a message "Package Operation failed ". How I […]
- How do I fix faulty Software Center and Software Updater in 13.10? (Novice Level User) I asked this question before with older version of OS, but it is happening again with 13.10 and the same steps I took to resolve it by moving statoverride.bad last time didn't work this […]
- Software update error: Package operation failed Whenever I'm prompted to install software updates, I get the error:
The installation or removal of a software package failed.
When I run
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get […]
- i need help solving upgrade problem, "fetching upgrade failed," 12.04 to 12.10 I am using xfce4 on an Acer c70 Chromebook. I managed to successfully update my system to 14.04 about a month ago using update manager, but was left with many unresolved bugs that I could […]
- Distribution upgrade (12.04 -> 14.04 LTS) halted while unpacking/installing packages As the title states...it just stopped unpacking/installing.
"Preparing to unpack .../lirc_0.9.0-0ubuntu5_amd64.deb ..."
then stopped in its tracks. Everything else is still […]