» Unable to update /upgrade /installl Ubuntu 14.04 Method bzip2 has died unexpectedly
Unable to update /upgrade /installl Ubuntu 14.04 Method bzip2 has died unexpectedly
|June 28, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
Unable to update /upgrade /installl Ubuntu 14.04
Get:21 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty/universe Translation-en [4,089 kB]
E: Method bzip2 has died unexpectedly!
E: Sub-process bzip2 received signal 25.
Also while upgrade – showing ‘0% ‘
I was fixing as error ‘ sts…0% ‘ while upgrading ubuntu ,tried creating a manual sources.list. I reverted the changes the file , but error is still there ,
More Related Questions
- How to make apt-get accept New config files in a unattended install of debian from Repo I am writing a script for a unattended install of a package that is in our Repo, It is a Software Package with one of the Debians marked config.
Is there any option that I can pass to […]
- installing GeoDjango–postGIS package broken In trying to install GeoDjango as per the docs, I'm running into some package dependency issues. I'm using fabric, though I doubt that's relevant. My understanding is that after […]
- Eclipse menus dont show up after upgrading to Ubuntu 13.10 After upgrading to Ubuntu 13.10, when I click on any menus in Eclipse (Help, Window, Run) they don’t show up. Only menu stubs and selection are visible.
I tried installing fresh 4.3 and […]
- 403 error on Apache for a laravel project, after upgrade to Ubuntu 13.10 I upgraded to Ubuntu 13.10. At first when running apache after the update, there were missing/broken files, so I simply re-installed apache. I backed up the vhost file.
When trying to […]
- Installing pdf for php After an OS update (Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS) my pdflib no longer works, so I'm trying to manually install it.
I eventually followed the instructions on stackoverflow
When I run
sudo pecl […]
- How do remove "Ignoring file in directory /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ as it has an invalid filename extension? Since upgrading 13.10 to 14.04, I get these annoying messages each time I install, update, upgrade, and so on:
N: Ignoring file 'webupd8team-java-raring.list.disable' in directory […]
- Simple File include problem in Zend? I have created a zend project on ubuntu which is in /var/www/student/ directory.
Now I have head.phtml file in this location:
When I […]
- apt-get update command in ubuntu 12.04 We have installed Ubuntu server 12.04. We upgraded it with the command apt-get upgrade but when it comes to apt-get update, it stuck and cannot find the exact header. Secondly virtinst […]
- How to list available backport upgrades I have just followed this to activate manual backports and I have a couple of questions:
How do I know which of my installed packages have available backport upgrades? (Before, I used […]
- E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) Stopped an upgrade So, I was doing an upgrade via the terminal. i think (Im not sure what I was doing. It was downloading updates for wine and libreoffice so I think it was an upgrade and i stopped it during […]