» Unable to make bootable ubuntu flash drive
Unable to make bootable ubuntu flash drive
|June 1, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I’m trying to dual boot my mac mini with ubuntu 14-1.04.
I don’t have a disc drive so i’m using a flash drive to host the info and boot from that but I can’t get this to work.
I downloaded the .iso file for ubuntu and go through terminal using the
hdiutil command to convert it to a .iso file. Once I’ve done this I have a file which is named ubuntu.iso.dmg.
From there I found out the node of the usb drive which is disk1, I use the
sudo dd command to write the ubuntu.iso.dmg to the usb drive but it doesnt work, I don’t get any errors, it just says invalid argument.
Any help would be great.
More Related Questions
- Installing Ubuntu onto MacBook Pro via USB I am new to this forum, and to Ubuntu. But I am trying to get it installed onto my MacBook Pro (late 2009 - with an installed Samsung SSD).
I have attempted to follow the tutorial on the […]
- Mac boot from Ubuntu installed on a USB drive I have a USB drive with Ubuntu installed on it (on a Live USB, it actually has Ubuntu installed on it), and it works seamlessly when I try to boot my PC from it.
When I try to boot my […]
- How to boot ubuntu on mac I tried many ways to boot Ubuntu on my mac os. I do not have an internal cd drive but wen I tried to install it using the external cd drive(from apple), the drive does not work (Apple made […]
- Can I install Ubuntu on an iMac G4 PowerMac6,1 without access to OS X I have an iMac G4 PowerMac6,1 which has already seen some years and I would like to install Ubuntu on it (any version) by overwriting the current OS X installation which I can't and don't […]
- Create bootable USB of Ubuntu on Mac for a failed partial ubuntu install So I have 3 computers at my disposal, and would like to wipe my failed partial ubuntu update on COMP1 (which is also locked out from incorrect logins) (originally 12.04, failed partial of […]
- Ubuntu 14.04 on Apple Macbook Air late 2010, 3-2 – installation not possible Starting from a live usb stick, according to: create a usb stick on mac osx
is not possible.
I downloaded ubuntu-14.04-desktop-amd64+mac.iso
The same behaviour appears with rEFIt […]
- Live USB Instructions for Mac dont work for 12.10 The are several guides online (including a few on the ubuntu website) that follow the general pattern of instructions found in this one.
I assume that at some point, this […]
- Mounting Ubuntu to usb on Mac OSX Lion I am having an issue involving a Lexar USB device. When I attempt to Execute step 8
Execute sudo dd if=/path/to/downloaded.img of=/dev/rdiskN bs=1m (replace /path/to/downloaded.img […]
- No USB boot. No CD boot. Can I install Ubunto on a Mac Mini? I've been through the answers to similar questions, but they all require USB or CDROM booting. I've installed EFI - it might be that I've not done that correctly, but it boots in EFI, but […]
- Bootable Ubuntu USB Stick just not possible on Macbook In case someone else attempts this they should not try any of the following routes when attempting to make a bootable installation or live ubuntu CD. Basically, nothing works and Ubuntu […]