» Unable to create Windows 8.1 Apps Using Qt Libs
Unable to create Windows 8.1 Apps Using Qt Libs
|September 29, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I am trying to test an app I’ve created with Qt in Windows 8.1. And created deplorable binary as the instruction here. I’ve followed this link, and created an appx package using the command.
MakeAppx.exe pack /d C:/Users/user1/Documents/MyApp_Win-Sep-27-2014 /p C:/Users/user1/Documents/MyApp.appx
I’ve self signed the package using SignTool.exe and these commands.
MakeCert /n CN=myComp,O=myComp,L=miami,S=florida,C=us /r /h 0 /eku "22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.3,188.8.131.52.4.1.3184.108.40.206" /e 10/13/2014 /sv vKey.pvk vKey.cer -r
Pvk2Pfx /pvk vKey.pvk /pi 123 /spc vKey.cer /pfx vKey.pfx /po 123
SignTool sign /a /v /fd SHA256 /f vKey.pfx /p 123 C:/Users/user1/Documents/MyApp.appx
Certutil -addStore TrustedPeople vKey.cer
But when I try to start my app, it just shows the splash screen only and nothing else.
Also. here is my AppManifest.xml, which I’ve created manually I’m not sure what should I specify for Entry Point in this.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
Publisher="CN=myComp, O=myComp, L=miami, S=florida, C=us" />
<Resource Language="en-us" />
<Application Id="MyAppV1" Executable="MyApp-V1.exe" EntryPoint="MyApp-V1.App">
<VisualElements DisplayName="MyApp" Description=" My First App"
<SplashScreen Image="logo.png" />
More Related Questions
- Qt Creator 2.8.1 + MSVC 2013 Express = No compiler can produce code for this Qt version This question was asked on this thread, but is was closed as "off topic", which is confusing to me. This not a question looking for an opinion. This is a legitimate issue with concrete […]
- Save/open SharePoint Library files from Windows 8.1 app I am trying to save a local XML file to a SharePoint 2013 Library. Since Windows 8 apps (XAML) do not allow me to use the Microsoft.SharePoint.client.dll, I have been looking into the SP […]
- Use existing Win7 code base in Windows 8 App In my company we have an existing product that runs on Windows 7 and communicates with our web services.
We wish to make a Windows 8 tablet version of our product, and my first thought […]
- A connection attempt failed msmq Need your help for the following issue.
I basically have two applications, one web and another windows application.
The web application is used by the user. After the user provides any […]
- Deploying Qt application, on Mac OSX and Linux, what libraries do I need to include in package? I am trying to package / deploy a Qt app, in Linux and mac. (Qt 4.8). I have to use shared libraries due to licensing type.
in Linux, following Qt documentation, I ran ldd myprogram and […]
- Httpclinet getasync resetting cookies I'm working on a cross platform app targeting windows phone8, windows 8, android and Ios. The app needs to get some data from the internet and reuse the data accordingly. So I have a […]
I have simple question if its possible to get certificate from https website and then check its fingerprint ?
- Unable to activate windows store app the app didnt start First of all I would like to say that I already tried all the solutions I could find on the internet, including Unable to Activate Windows Store App
I recently upgraded my Windows 7 […]
- Windows Store Apps: The host name in the certificate is invalid or does not match in my windows 8.1 application, when I call a web service, I get the following exception:
The host name in the certificate is invalid or does not match
The code I […]
- After upgrading to Windows 8.1, unable to run Windows Phone emulator without memory error After I updated my Samsung Series 9 SSD laptop with 8GB of RAM to Windows 8.1, (not even a year old, and top-of-line when purchased last november), I am now unable to run the Windows Phone […]