» Ubuntu wireless only connects to some networks
Ubuntu wireless only connects to some networks
|February 26, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I have dual-booted my windows 8 machine with Ubuntu.
No matter which version of Ubuntu I had installed, I was able to connect to my home network on both windows and Ubuntu, but when I got to school only windows connected.
I’m not sure if it’s relevant, but I was indeed able to connect via Ethernet at school. Whenever I put in the password for either of our school networks (I’ve triple checked, they are definitely correct) it tries to connect and just prompts me for a password again after 5 minutes.
What should I do?
(I have seen similar questions around but never any definite or successful responses)
More Related Questions
- Linksys E3200 Ubuntu-specific Connection Problems Just yesterday I bought the Linksys E3200 wireless router and had everything set up perfectly fine on my laptop (Windows 7) and main computer (Windows 8, Ubuntu). At least, that's what I […]
- Suddenly lost my wireless connection I used to have Ubunto 13 installed on my computer, it was the only OS in this computer. One day I was at home, connected to my usual wireless connection, watching a show, and suddenly it […]
- What does “ping: sendmsg: No buffer space available” mean? I had an intermittent issue (which resolves itself spontaneously, after using a different connection for a while) that caused Internet requests to fail, with one particular wireless […]
- Network driver is very weak I am on Ubuntu 12.04 and ever since I wiped windows and installed it my wireless connection has been horrible. I have never been this frustrated with any of my computers, I pay for 12 mb/s […]
- I just got the Lenovo thinkpad Tablet and it wont connect to the internet My internet is password protected, and so whenever I enter the password it says "Obtaining IP address" so after doing this for a while it says "Disabled, Secured with WEP" or something […]
- Internet Access Blocked on unsecure wifi I am using a pc that was natively a windows vista pc. I switched to ubuntu less than a month ago so I am still getting used to the extreme differences b/w linux+windows. My computer works […]
- Wireless Connection not working I just installed Ubuntu 14.04-1 on an HP Pavilion V-4000 laptop. The wireless does not work and doesn't show any wireless networks. There is a switch to turn on wireless, but now it […]
- Activation of wireless network connection failed error with a BSNL BroadBand modem# DNA-A211-I I'm getting the message 'Network Connection Failed' frequently when I connect to wifi using 12.04. I was using the same connection without any problems, in Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista. […]
- Every time I connected to my home network, everyone else get disconnect? This is a very weird problem and I don't even have a clue where can I start to looking for a solution.
I have a laptop with Ubuntu installed and at home we have a 4MB plan, also I always […]
- Playing Age of Empires II multiplayer in VirtualBox Over wi fi network I installed Age of Empires II (Expansion) in VirtualBox (hosting Windows XP). It works great in single player mode. Unfortunately, I tried playing multiplayer via WI-FI which I created on […]