» ubuntu install on Power Mac G5 using Firewire drive
ubuntu install on Power Mac G5 using Firewire drive
|September 20, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
Just wondering if anyone could help me out.
I installed Ubuntu to an external firewire HD. It added a partition for the OS and a partition for bootstrap. I can not for the life of me figure out how to get boot loader(holding option key) to see that there is a firewire drive with Ubuntu on it.
I have searched the subject all night, and I just can’t figure it out. I thought maybe someone here could help that has done it on a PPC.
I’m new to Ubuntu so step by step would be nice if anyone could help.
More Related Questions
- PowerPC version of Ubuntu 10.10 or 10.04 wont boot on my Mac Startup Disk does not see it as bootable. Holding down C gives up and ejects it. I have tried PPC version of CDs for both Lucid and Maverick.The machine is a 867 MHz PowerPC G4 with 512 […]
- Installing Lubuntu on a PPC Mac Pro I have a Mac Pro (PPC Model, G3 Quicksilver) that I would like to run Lubuntu on. It has two internal HDDS: one is 41GB and the other is 20GB. Mac OS X is already on the 41GB drive, but I […]
- Booting PPC Mac from CD using Open Firmware I've not had any success booting from a CD or DVD with various PPC versions of Ubuntu using any of the suggested keys such as "C". The only thing that has worked consistently for me is […]
- How do you boot to another OS install disc After installing Ubuntu 12.04 on my Emac I could not boot to another Install Disc (Mac OSX 10) is there something I need to do first? Asked By - […]
- Is the current version of Ubuntu usable on a PPC mac? Is the current version of Ubuntu usable on a PPC mac?
I've got a "lamp shade" mac from 2003 that I'd like to recycle into my first Linux computer. I'm not a programmer. So it appeals to […]
- Why doesnt the graphics work on my PowerBook g4? I wanted to have Ubuntu on my PowerBook g4 and I burned a Ubuntu PPC CD, and booted up. It booted perfectly, but the graphics didn't work. There was a white rectangle instead of a desktop, […]
- Why is Lubuntu 12.04 so slow to start up and shut down on my Mac Powerbook G4? I just installed Lubuntu 12.04 on a Mac Powerbook G4 12 inch laptop (G4 867 MHz Powerbook with 640 Megs RAM and an 80 gig HD). It works, but just barely, with a painfully slow shutdown […]
- PPC boot screen is basically white noise I'm trying to boot a PowerBook G4 from a USB. I managed to get through the openfirmware shenanigans, and just when I thought I was in the clear, a bunch of orange warning text scrolled […]
- python easy_install fails with "assembler for architecture ppc not installed" on Mac OS X bash-3.2$ sudo easy_install appscript
Searching for appscript
Best match: […]
- Installing Ubuntu onto MacBook Pro via USB I am new to this forum, and to Ubuntu. But I am trying to get it installed onto my MacBook Pro (late 2009 - with an installed Samsung SSD).
I have attempted to follow the tutorial on the […]