» Two Volumes? Want to Merge!
Two Volumes? Want to Merge!
|September 8, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I apologize ahead of time for how confusing this may be. I am very new to things such as partitions, disks, and hard drives.
When I installed Ubuntu there were two options, install on a 24 GB HD and install on a 750 GB HD, the first time I installed I used the 750 GB HD, but had boot issues. I’m now using the 24 GB HD but I want to save files to the 750 GB HD. Is there a way I can merge the two, or at least merge some of the 750 GB HD to the 24 GB HD?
I’ve tried using GParted to merge but can’t seem to combine the drives. I want the OS to remain on the 24 GB HD but I want my files on the 750 GB HD. I could just try to re-route everything to go to the 750 GB Volume and leave it at that, but is there an easier way.
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/ubuntu--vg-root 16G 3.9G 11G 27% /
none 4.0K 0 4.0K 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
udev 2.9G 12K 2.9G 1% /dev
tmpfs 585M 1.2M 584M 1% /run
none 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
none 2.9G 80K 2.9G 1% /run/shm
none 100M 36K 100M 1% /run/user
/dev/sda2 237M 88M 137M 39% /boot
/dev/sda1 511M 3.4M 508M 1% /boot/efi
/dev/sdb2 693G 192K 693G 1% /media/blah/534E-B317
More Related Questions
- Partitioning an external hard drive for Linux I want to partition an external SSD hard drive (30GB) for Ubuntu. What is the proper size for main partition, Swap partition and for the rest? I want to use remaining disk space to store […]
- swap partition not working on ver 13.10 It's a 3 day old install of Ubuntu 13.10
I set my partitions up correctly beforehand with Gparted(you'll have to trust me on that)
swap partition was formatted as linux-swap and given 6gb […]
- SMART status – Disk failure is imminent [Reallocated Sector Count Failing] As the title suggests, I'm in a bit of a pickle.
Screenshot of SMART Data:
I have installed GParted but I have no idea how to use it.
Screenshot of my partitions in GParted:
- How to Install ubuntu, problems with disk partitions I couldn't install Ubuntu since the unallocated space is not shown in Ubuntu installer or Gparted, and the "Install along side Windows" option is not listed.
Screen shot of Disk […]
- Non existing Mount Points fails to automount on boot, How to fix this? I think I've messed up something with my partition mount points.
OK, this is the thing. When I have been fresh installing Ubuntu 12.10 from a Live CD, I made all my partitions with ext4 […]
- Can I merge these partitions or will it break my chromebook? Ok I am a linux beginner and I need some serious help. Product info: Acer c7 chromebook with chromeOS and xubuntu 12.04 (i think) dual booted using 'crouton'.
My problem is that my […]
- (11.10) Install Windows on Logical/Extended Partition — Dual-Boot I have 3 Primary/Basic partitions:
sda1. Ubuntu 11.10 root drive (40G)
sda2. FreeBSD root (20G)
sda3. Windows XP root drive(4G)
I have a Logical/Extended Partition sda4 of 234GB, divided […]
- Cant boot into Windows 7 EFI GPT after recovery operation My question, or rather issue, is in the extent of this previous case in which I wanted to grow my Linux (ext4) partition. The partition /dev/sda6 was in the way of doing this and since it […]
- Nautilus doesnt see free space but GParted does I've recently moved my system partition in order to install some Windows and now Nautilus reports 0 free space at /home partition (and the total size seems to be incorrect as well)
- Gparted cant create partition table Here's what the problem is.
About a day or so ago I used Gparted live cd to create 3 NTFS primary partitions on my external 500 gig Goflex and one extended with 2 logical partitiones.