» trying to StandBy drive at startup
trying to StandBy drive at startup
|September 10, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I have 3 drives in my laptop, one of which is a mechanical hard drive for mass storage. I want to set this drive to standby because I want to preserve energy and keep my laptop silent at startup.
Command to do this:
hdparm -Y /dev/sdb
things I’ve tried:
But the drive is still spinning when I start Ubuntu. Can anyone help?
- it’s a toshiba mechanical drive
- Ubuntu 14.04
- laptop computer
More Related Questions
- Steam problem with 32bit lib After the installation it ask me this
Steam needs to install these additional packages:
libgl1-mesa-dri:i386, libgl1-mesa-glx:i386, libc6:i386
[sudo] password for giacomo:
- Suspend/wakeup takes too long Xubuntu Sacucy on a Dell laptop with Xscreensaver takes too long to go to standby or wake up (around 10-20 seconds) after the lid is opened or closed. Wasn't like that at the beginning. […]
- how to disable scanning btrfs filesystem at system startup After upgrading from Ubuntu 12.04 to Ubuntu 14.04, I get a message "scanning for btrfs file systems" at starting-up. I don't have any BTRFS filesystem. It delays the booting for about 15 […]
- Ubuntu 14.04 does not recognize my battery For the last 3 years I've been using a Samsung notebook. I was using Ubuntu 13.10 until 2 weeks ago. Then I decided to format and install Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
Everything was working great, […]
- How can I add a parameter on module at startup? I'm using Lubuntu 14.04 with an USB wifi adapter (rtl8192) and it use module rtl8192cu.ko
I had a problem of dropping connection now and then .
I fix my problem using these parameters […]
- Abnormally High Fan Speed on Cool Laptop, Dell Inspiron 15R 5520, Ubuntu 14.04, I am using a Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 running Ubuntu 14.04 alongside Windows 8.1. My issue is with the Dell's fan, which is running at full speed during most of the time the computer is […]
- 14.04 on DELL L502X freeze at startup after installing nvidia drivers First i want to apologise for my bad english.
Now straight to my problem.:)
After OS installation I started installing the drivers for GeForce GT540M graphics in my notebook.
I chose […]
- Ubuntu 14.04 does not connect ınternet I was usıng ubuntu 14.04 on my laptop and I had to reınstall ıt. so I just created a bootable 14.04 USB stıck and formatted ıt.
the new ubuntu 14.04 normally opened and to connect ınternet […]
- Ati driver with HD7470M laptop screen backlight not working I need to install the ATI proprietary driver on my laptop (Asus K54HR) as I use it for gaming.
My problem is, it doesn't matter what I try, I have always the same result black screen and I […]
- Suspend does not work So I have a fairly new (two weeks old) Ubuntu installation (14.04 x64) and it looks like Suspend mode does not work...
When I click System -> Suspend the screen goes black for about one […]