» Token Authenticatable module in Devise
Token Authenticatable module in Devise
|February 4, 2011
Posted by forumadmin
I’m starting using Devise in my Rails app, but the
Token Authenticatable: signs in a user based on an authentication token (also known as “single access token”) module puzzles me.
Is the user authenticated only for his current session? If he uses now the URL containing the token, can he re-use it at a later tine and still have access, or does he get a single access?
Can multiple users be authenticated at the same time, using the same token?
I have searched extensively for a working example; please forgive me if this is explained elsewhere.
Any pointers would be more than welcomed. Thanks for your help.
More Related Questions
- Using auth_token from request headers instead from POST/PUT parameters with Rails 3 / devise I need to use token based authentication in a Rails 3.1 API in conjunction with the most recent version of devise. No problem so far.
Now I do not want to append my :auth_token to the […]
- Omniauth, Devise, Facebook integration guide not working I started up a completely new Rails and Facebook app and followed this guide to the letter.
I can see that a user is getting created and that it even becomes the current_user for the […]
- API routes for Devise Token Authentication I'm using Devise in a Rails 3 app for user authentication. This app also serves API responses to a mobile application. I read that Devise removed their token authentication feature for […]
- Stack level too deep or unknown attribute: password_confirmation I'm working on a web app that has users model. You either sign up or try the app and be a 'guest'. I had the sign up functionality working well until I added the guest option. I based on […]
- Using Devise tokens to log in, is this built in? So, I'm trying to use tokens with Devise (version 1.0.3 with Rails 2.3.8) to let a user log in, but I'm not entirely sure where to […]
- rails – "WARNING: Cant verify CSRF token authenticity" for json devise requests do you know how it is possible to correctly retrieve the CSRF token to pass with a JSON request?
I know that for security reason now Rails is enforcing CSRF check on all the request type […]
- Getting Google Contacts in Rails 3 app after successful oauth2 authentication with devise I've searched around a lot and seen various answers. Some seem like they may be outdated, and others use gems (omnicontacts) that I can't seem to get working with devise.
In my situation, […]
- Adding token_authenticatable to devise with migration I have already created a User Model using devise, but I now want to add support for token_authenticable, so I need to migrate these additions. Is the following correct, and what type […]
- Rails 3 Authentication: Authlogic vs Devise I have always used Authlogic in Rails 2.3 but now that I am using Rails 3 I think I might try out a new authentication solution.
How does Devise compare with Authlogic? What are their […]
- Rails 3 with Devise for Authentication – How do I manually create a user? I would like to manually create new Users, without forcing them to verify their email address.
The idea is to allow existing users to automatically add their friends without requiring […]