» Tilde key on Mac Air with Ubuntu
Tilde key on Mac Air with Ubuntu
|September 29, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
By default, no layout on my Macbook Air allows me to print backtick (`) and tilde (~) symbols. Instead, I get backslash, pipe or whatever, depending from the layout.
I changed the behavior of the key that I want to use to print tilde using the following commands:
<press tilde button>
keycode <keycode from xev output> = grave asciitilde >~/.Xmodmap
(instructions are based on these http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17757232/switch-tab-and-backtick-keys-ubuntu-linux)
But unfortunately, after I switch the layout, I get the default behavior again.
How to make these changes permanent?
More Related Questions
- Macbook 3.1 "@" sign would not work Well i've been working on my keyboard,
and have been able to fix the 'fn' key.
But the '@' is a pain in the ... to set.
I'm Belgium so i have a Azerty,
and at the moment the '@' key gives […]
- Xmonad keyboard not working (Macbook pro) I've installed Ubuntu 14.04 on my Macbook Pro retina (11,1) and it all worked swimmingly.
Then I tried installing Xmonad, selected it once from my lightdm manager and now it loads by […]
- Ubuntu and Qt creator keyboard layout change problem When I run Qt Creator on my Ubuntu 14.04 with English layout, it always types in English and it won't change if I change my layout to other language. In front, when I run Qt Creator with […]
- Ubuntu 14.04 custom keyboard layout doesnt work I'm spent hours trying to get this to work, and I have no idea, what I'm doing wrong. I must admit, that I'm fairly new to Ubuntu, so I might be missing something obvious...
I've read […]
- What keyboard layout for Ubuntu 13.04 with English Apple Notebook I don't have a keyboard layout that matches my Macbook Air under Ubuntu 13.04.
Keyboard is 'English - Apple Notebook' http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2841
Ubuntu 13.04 under VirtualBox on […]
- Keyboard layout identical to "US Extended" on Macbook Pro I am running Ubuntu 13.04 on a Dell machine and I want to have the exact same keyboard layout as I have on my other machine, which is a Macbook Pro with an International English keyboard. […]
- keyboard remapping lost after keyboard layout change I see similar questions have already been asked before on this site, by I found no satisfactory answer so far. So here's my exact situation in detail.
I recently installed and customized […]
- Danish Mac keyboard layout isnt correct No matter which one of the 5 available Danish keyboard layouts I choose from, the @ symbol (at) is always alt2 instead of the alt', which is normal on Danish Mac keyboards.
The answer to […]
- Key combinations for each language in Ubuntu 14.04 I'd like to have key combinations for each language (change the layout) in Ubuntu 14.04, for example:
Ctrl+1 - Spanish,
Ctrl+2 - French,
Ctrl+3 - Russian, etc
I haven't found this […]
- Macbook Pro 13" Retina (10,2): Keyboard and Touchpad dont work correcltly I'm dealing with Ubuntu since about 5 years and installed it on several laptops. Now I'm stuck when trying to install Ubuntu 12.04.1 on a brand new Macbook Pro 13" Retina (10,2). I […]