» system dont get updates
system dont get updates
|May 14, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
I am using Ubuntu 12.04 and I don’t get any updates.
For more than two weeks, whenever I try to check for updates manually it doesn’t show any updates in the update manager. Then I tried via terminal using apt-get.
Then these following error messages are shown on the screen:
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?
and I couldn’t see any error symbol in the system tray
More Related Questions
- Dont get any security updates and recommended updates& cannot fix broken packages I am using Ubuntu 12.04.In my update manager it shows all the other updates,but it doesn't show any important security updates(precise-security) and recommended […]
- Trouble with " waiting for headers " It seems duplicate but really it's not, I'm really tired of testing all solutions and reaching no success. even I'm thinking about going back to windows because I had several problems with […]
- How to install again Update Manager after uninstalling it Ok, the thing is this
I tried asking many times on few ubuntu forums how to deal with my non-responsive Update Manager, but all I was getting was the same stuff (run it from the terminal, […]
- Cannot update because of Missing packages (12.04 LTS) I'm not being able to update my Ubuntu 12.04 because of missing packages, how can I solve it?
Here's a link of the error I'm getting every time I want to update:
Thanks in advance […]
- apt-get update error ubuntu 12.04 to version 14 i can't run an update from ubuntu 12.04 to 14, during the update process i got souces error. But my network seems to be ok. How can i fix it?
I did the update on my laptop, but i can't do […]
- Update Manager – Not all updates can be installed – partial upgrade I have Ubuntu 12.04LTS. When I was running the update manager, it was interrupted. When I restarted the computer, and tried to run the update manger, I received the message "Not all […]
- apt-get abort after I type Y to continue After I use sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade to check for updates via terminal, there's a little problem but weird. After I answer to Y, it must be running to […]
- Ubuntu 14.04 Software Updater crashes I have a fresh install of ubuntu 14.04 and I tried to update it because I could not mount my SD-card while my external HDD worked But when I tried to open my software updater it crashed […]
- Updating problems Ubuntu 12.10 Whenever I try to update my computer by opening the Update Manager I get this problem and it just closes. Can someone help me?
W:GPG error: http:/packages.medibuntu.org quantal InRelease: […]
- Error occured when updating system I have a problem during updating my Ubuntu system using terminal.
Recently, there was two warning message appears on my terminal which like below:
W: Failed to fetch […]