» Sound cuts out in Ubuntu 14.04
Sound cuts out in Ubuntu 14.04
|September 18, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
Hi Im very new to Ubuntu/Linux. Im on 14.04 LTS. When I start my PC the sound works for a few minutes and the drivers are seen in the sound settings page. After a few minutes the sound suddenly cuts off and the drivers disappear from the sound settings page. I have tried googling answers for hours to no avail. I have tried force reloading alsa, updating pulse aludio and alsa and, well basically everything I could find on Google to try and correct the problem( I even went as far as too reinstall Ubuntu). Both of my headsets work on Windows no problem so I know it is not the sound card itself (I dual boot with Windows 8.1, Ubuntu is on a separate HDD however) Please help me. Oh and I don’t know if this matters but one headset uses a standard audio jack and the other is a USB. The USB is a Turtlebeach PX3 and the audio jack one is a Razer (The aduio jack one is the one that cuts out after a few minutes, the USB one isn’t seen at all) Again any help you guys can offer would be appreciated.
More Related Questions
- Ubuntu 14.04 No Sound from Speaker This appears to be a popular topic recently so appologies for only adding to it.
I have recently dual booted a Dell Inspiron 7000 series with Ubuntu 14.04. The sound initially worked but […]
- CoolerMaster 5.1 headset not working properly on Ubuntu 14.04 I'm using a USB 5.1 surround sound headset and it's not working how it should.
I am able to use the 5.1 surround sound. Sometimes even in Steam games so it is possible.
The problem exists […]
- No Sound even after fresh install of Ubuntu 14.04 x64 I have done everything that I could get off Google to correct the sound problem but none of them is working. My last install of Ubuntu had the sound working, but this one, I don't know why […]
- Headphone Jack output gets redirected to internal speakers, Ubuntu 14.04 I had audio problems when I had Ubuntu 12.04 and managed to fix them (see here). I recently switched to Ubuntu 14.04 (I actually formatted right now because I just installed 14.04 and I […]
- No sound on classic headphone but mic works Ubuntu 14.04 64bit I am using a Dell Vostro 1014 running with Ubuntu 14.04 64 Bit. Internal speaker front left alone is working. When I plug classic headset no sound but microphone in the headset is […]
- Xubuntu 14.04 – PulseAudio / ALSA will not work with USB headset Being relatively new to Linux, I just shot for Xubuntu. I had to reformat yesterday, because I somehow nuked it in my tired adventures. Ever since then, I haven't been able to get my USB […]
- No sound into headphones I will make it quick : I have no sound in my headphones when they are plugged in on my Asus F200CA running Ubuntu 14.04, but :
I have sound in the laptop speakers when the headphones are […]
- Cannot find sound settings menu in Ubuntu 14.04 after removing pulseaudio I cannot get any audio out of my speakers but the headphones work fine in Ubuntu 14.04. You can find my question about that here. Therefore I followed the instructions online and removed […]
- bluetooth headset connected but getting only static – ubuntu 13.10 bluetooth has so far caused me nothing but headaches in ubuntu. first i had to install just about everything bluetooth-related to even get the headset connected, then to have it detected […]
- No voice on front headphone port. I have a strange problem. It just happen recently, when I accidentally unplug my headphone. But I unplugged it before and nothing happen. Basically now, when I use my headphone through […]