» Software Updater constantly green
Software Updater constantly green
|July 21, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
Using Ubuntu 14.04
Software Updater, when there are updates the icon turns green, i do all the installs that it recognises and ocasionaly I restart the computer as per request.
Problem occurs that the icon stays coloured green and does not fade, when clicked it tells me computer is up to date, yet icon is still green.
Ive tried to carry out the following in terminal with no success and no errors in the terminal.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
More Related Questions
- Ubuntu 12.10 desktop – software updater not starting I have a fully updated version of ubuntu 12.10 and am unable to start the "Software Updater" application, but am able to start the "Ubuntu Software Centre". I have tried sudo aptitude […]
- Apt-get says up to date, errors say no update log? I am on a relatively fresh install of Ubuntu 14.04, but I have updated and upgraded with apt-get multiple times. The Software Updater confirms that I everything is up to date. But I […]
- Unable to update or install program in any way I have Ubuntu 12.10 installed, since about 1 month ago i can't install any program from software center, or synaptic or terminal, and also i can not update my installed software. Here is a […]
- Ubuntu 14.04 Software Updater crashes I have a fresh install of ubuntu 14.04 and I tried to update it because I could not mount my SD-card while my external HDD worked But when I tried to open my software updater it crashed […]
- windows arrangement after disconnecting and external display I have a Toshiba Portege Z830 64bit with Ubuntu 12.04LTS (3.2.0-58-generic). I have several workspaces as I like to have different workspaces for different tasks. When at the office or at […]
- Unable to update Ubuntu 12.04: Authentication required I initially Checked for Updates which was successful. It responded that there were 123 Updates. After trying to update, I got the following message: Unable to Install Available Updates […]
- 12.04 Failed update error:update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated) I discovered an error in software center (won't install programs) which I tracked down to a failed update. Not sure how it happened. I got this error message in terminal: dpkg was […]
- problem with installing apps and updating software sources When I have try to install new software through terminal such as:
sudo apt-get install nethogs
I get the following error:
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get […]
- What are the software updated when I updated through the default software updater gui? Automatically the ubuntu asks for its users to update the latest updates, but all the time I am unaware what gets updated. How am I supposed to know what are the updates installed? how […]
- Ubuntu 14.04s Software Updater wont update certain packages The Ubuntu Software Updater refuses to show and update certain packages, even though they appear in Synaptic and KDE's Muon updater. Is this normal behaviour?
There have been many other […]