» Software update error: Package operation failed
Software update error: Package operation failed
|July 9, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
Whenever I’m prompted to install software updates, I get the error:
The installation or removal of a software package failed.
When I run
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
this is what the terminal displays:
52 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/54.7 MB of archives.
After this operation, 55.3 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
Extracting templates from packages: 100%
Preconfiguring packages ...
Setting up apt (0.9.9.1~ubuntu3.2) ...
ERROR: Can't find the archive-keyring
Is the ubuntu-keyring package installed?
dpkg: error processing apt (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
I would appreciate any suggestions/help! Thank you!!
More Related Questions
- Ubuntu 13.10 – how can i install package? How to fix this problem? Everytime i am trying to install/update packages it fails
root@nson:~# sudo apt-get install dconf-editor
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree […]
- Trusty Software Updater does not propose updates from trusty-updates I have since one week upgraded several PC to Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr.
I got several updates via the Software Updater, but I don't get updates from trusty-updates, although this […]
- Ubuntu 12.04 update nightmare and grub tiny problem I had some problems with the updates lately. It started with the update manager refusing to update because it requires installation of untrusted packages. I used : sudo apt-get update […]
- Err http://ppa.launchpad.net raring/main amd64 Packages sudo apt-get update:
Translation-en Fetched 973 kB in 33s (28,8 kB/s) W: Failed to fetch
- Discrepancy between `apt-get upgrade` and update manager I use Ubuntu 12.04.2 and I've just finished running apt-get update. According to apt-get upgrade, there are 5 packages to be upgraded, in a total of 1533 kB; while the update manager […]
- cannot install anything via apt-get. problem with apt-get update I am unable to install anything with apt-get. I think this problem is due to gpg error of some kind. I have done almost everything on the net as per my belief. this is what happens when I […]
- 13.10 Update-manager changed behaviour Just after TrustyTahr has been launched, the update-manager had the option to upgrade from 13.10 to 14.04, but now that I finally want to proceed with this upgrade the update-manager does […]
- Update is not working for me ( i am on 11.10 ) it's been one week i am trying everything nothing is working.
I tryed to upgrade ubuntu from 11.10 to 12.10.
I tried the update manager but no sucess .
I also tried update-manager -d Not […]
- My ubuntu 12 .04 will not update Hi I'm having problems updating my Ubuntu 12.04, when I type sudo apt-get update I get this
howie@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get update
[sudo] password for howie:
Get:1 http://dl.google.com […]
- Trying to upgrade to 14.04 from 13.10, and I keep getting the same error message I've had no problems upgrading from one version of Ubuntu to the next until lately. Now, every time I attempt to upgrade, I get the following error message:
W:Failed to fetch […]