» Ripping MP3s in Rhythmbox Ubuntu 12.10 (64 bit)?
Ripping MP3s in Rhythmbox Ubuntu 12.10 (64 bit)?
|October 22, 2012
Posted by forumadmin
I installed a couple of days ago Ubuntu 12.10 (64 bit).
I today tried ripping a CD in the MP3 format.
However, whenever I try to rip, it says it is missing an extra multimedia plugin “Gstreamer extra plug-ins (i386)”.
I then try to install the :i386 version of the gstreamer-ugly plugins, but then I get the same problem but with the id3-demuxer (or something similar)
The Terminal output I get from both problems (but replace the “MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3) encoder” with the “ID3-demuxer” name) is:
(rhythmbox:24122): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
Rhythmbox-Message: Missing plugin: gstreamer|0.10|rhythmbox|MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3) encoder|encoder-audio/mpeg, mpegversion=(int)1, layer=(int)3
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gobject/constants.py:24: Warning: g_boxed_type_register_static: assertion `g_type_from_name (name) == 0' failed import gobject._gobject
It doesn’t help that each time I have to install/remove the entire Gstreamer-ugly collection each time – I can’t find that specific file.
The CD plays fine, it’s the ripping plugin that doesn’t seem to work.
I didn’t have this problem previously on 12.04 (64 bit).
More Related Questions
- Trouble playing and ripping CD audio files on Linux Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32-bit I'm trying to rip audio files from a CD onto a subdirectory of the Music directory. My Linux 12.04 LTS 32-bit came with Audacity, Brasero, Banshee, and Rhythmbox. (Yes, not one, four […]
- Problem with MP3s converted in Sound COnverter to GoGear Aria 8G losing artist & album tags I have Ubuntu 12.04.4 and a Phillips GoGear Aria 8G. If I download an MP3 from Amazon, NoiseTrade, or an artist's website, I can just plug in my player via USB and drag the files over with […]
- Is Rhythmbox constantly downloading MP3 files while playing them? I observed a strange phenomenon with my Rhythmbox: it seems that Rhythmbox is constantly downloading a MP3 file while playing it.
My home server (hostname nas) which host the […]
- Music CD-R holds a total of 260 MB of "lossless" audio? I just ripped a full (all 74 minutes used) Music CD-R to six .flac files, one for each track. In total, the files add up to 262.1 MB. I thought a CD was supposed to hold 700 MB. Where did […]
- rip mp3 rhythmbox I can't rip mp3 music in rhythmbox
Additional software is required to encode the multimedia files to your favorite format:
MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3) encoder
The parameters passed […]
- How do I prepare my music for syncing with a cloud service? My music collection has grown to now approx. 4000 files over the years. They mostly consist of mp3 downloaded from different online shops at various bitrates, mp3 ripped from CDs I own, […]
- Rhythmbox is crashing on start I'm using ubuntu 10.10 and until about 3 days ago rhythmbox worked fine but now when I start it, it opens, then after 4 second it crashes.
When running it from terminal I get this:
- Getting "Python (v2.7) requires to install plugins" error during ripping I have just installed Ubuntu 12.10 from a flash drive that you create from the official ubuntu website. I am getting some errors on the system quite frequently. I have tried redoing it but […]
- How do I get a Dane-Elec mp3/mp4 player working? My MP3/MP4 does not plug-in and play and therefore I can not transfer any file to the MP3/MP4 dane-elec music my touch or only dane-elec with 8 gb in memory and perhapses model zt1 with […]
- How to play mp3 files with FMJ I had used JMF earlier and was able to play an mp3 file.
But now i am using FMJ, and cant play an mp3 file,it say cannot find player for that .mp3.
Do i need to add any plugins like we […]