» Rhythmbox does not start after upgrading to Ubuntu 14.04
Rhythmbox does not start after upgrading to Ubuntu 14.04
|April 18, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
When I try to start Rhythmbox its window remains only for few seconds then it disappears and I get “An internal Ubuntu error” message. Even if I try to open an MP3 file I see the same scenario.
Tried to reinstall it (twice :D)
Started from command line:
(rhythmbox:9164): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_css_provider_load_from_path: assertion 'path != NULL' failed
(rhythmbox:9164): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: object SoupServer 0x2afc3e0 finalized while still in-construction
(rhythmbox:9164): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: Custom constructor for class SoupServer returned NULL (which is invalid). Please use GInitable instead.
Unable to open ~/.mtpz-data for reading, MTPZ disabled.Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Just found a bug report to launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox/+bug/1299245 , but the problem does not seem to be fixed
More Related Questions
- Is Rhythmbox constantly downloading MP3 files while playing them? I observed a strange phenomenon with my Rhythmbox: it seems that Rhythmbox is constantly downloading a MP3 file while playing it.
My home server (hostname nas) which host the […]
- How to add music to an iPod Nano 4th Generation I've been trying to sync music to my Black iPod Nano 4th Generation (Model MB754) with Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit. I've tried using Clementine and Rhythmbox to add music. The music syncs fine and […]
- Ubuntu 14.04, Rhythmbox, missing gstreamer1.0-libav (i386) plugin dependencies I've recently updated Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04 (64 bit version).
The problem that I've noticed is that Rhythmbox
cannot play ALAC (m4a) files. Also, when I run some radio stations,
- Add To Rhythmbox Play Queue Nautilus Plugin I have been using windows for a long time. And now I have moved on to ubuntu. I am using ubuntu 14.04 LTS. And, unity is my DE. I like to have an option similar to 'Enqueue in Winamp' […]
- Failure to succesfully sync an iPod using Rhythmbox on Ubuntu 14.04 After a day of trying to figure out how to get this sync going I found out a few things:
For some reason there has been a lot of trouble syncing iPods with Rhythmbox in Ubuntu 14.04, lots […]
- Sound coming after stopping rythmbox I was playing songs for approx. 25 mins and meanwhile I was working with too many pacakges like torrent downloader,Eclipse, Firefox ,File Browser and some other apps when I Stopped […]
- Ipod touch not able to sync or load lusic I am not able to load music or video through rhythm box. once i had tried to load but doesn't work instead of it erased pre loaded songs any suggestion or any other software to sync ipod […]
- Rhythmbox control buttons not displayed properly After an upgrade to Kubuntu 14.04 and to Rhythmbox 3.02 the control buttons in the upper left corner (play/stop, next/previous song, repeat, shuffle) and other icons (music library, […]
- Rhythmbox wont play mp3 on windows partition Fresh Ubuntu installation, rhythmbox works fine for mp3s located on my linux partition. But it refuses to open mp3 files on my windows partition. All other programs work fine with files on […]
- Ripping MP3s in Rhythmbox Ubuntu 12.10 (64 bit)? I installed a couple of days ago Ubuntu 12.10 (64 bit).
I today tried ripping a CD in the MP3 format.
However, whenever I try to rip, it says it is missing an extra multimedia plugin […]