Replacing ASTA as a middletier solution
|January 27, 2011||Posted by forumadmin under TechQns||
I’m currently using Delphi7 along with ASTA to handle my client server communications to an Advantage DB.
I’m moving to Rad Studio XE Enterprise and am looking to switch to a different but similar solution as the future of ASTA has become somewhat uncertain. As this will be a large investment in time, and probably money, I’ve been researching the options but have reached a trees vs forest situation.
I’ll list some basic points on what I need, and if anyone can suggest a specific combination of technologies and products I should focus on that may help meet those needs, I will greatly appreciate it. I really just need to replace and/or improve the communication and encryption abilities that ASTA has provided with something current and under active development and support.
- -I’ll be using Delphi XE.
- -Applications will be Win32, server will run on Windows.
- -IIS is not allowed.
- -VPN requirement is not allowed.
- -Socket communication must support AES encryption natively or through third party addon.
- -Some basic browser based application access would be a bonus, IF it is capable of strong security.
- -Support for linux, mac, mobile is a very low priority.
- -I’ll need to be able to meet NIST 800-53/FIPS 140-2 compliancy, but won’t need certification. (as they pertain to communication and encryption)
As this is my first question, please let me know if I can better phrase or detail what I need.
Thanks for any direction you guys can give.
|Asked By – Bobby||Read Answers|