» Questions about setting up SSL
Questions about setting up SSL
|May 15, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I have a subdomain on a server that is pointing to an IP hosting an application. I need to enable SSL on the application.
The way I understand it is that because SSL is domain specific the application box doesn’t need to have an SSL cert on it.
My question is how do I enable SSL on my application box and use the domain server’s certificates? is this possible or do I need to setup an SSL certificate on the application box?
More Related Questions
- installing a SSL certificate I have ISPConfig3 installed on my server. I've never installed an SSL certificate before, especially with ISPConfig3.
I am trying to install the default domain certificate and I was given […]
- Mixed content error when proxying websocket through nginx with SSL I am working on a node.js application using express to serve content and socket.io for websocket communication. The setup has been working fine, but now I want to be able to access the […]
- SSL Connection to Apache web server I follow up on setting up SSL connection to my Apache2
It works well when I access my website from a local IP address
but if I use a Dynamic DNS service with HTTPS in the beginning than
- Twilio messaging request not getting to nginx when SSL is implemented We recently implemented SSL on our nginx server. Changing the messaging request url for my twilio number from http://mywebsite.com to https://www.mywebsite.com causes the request to the […]
- Forwarding ZNC from domain.com:port to subdomain.domain.com while using SSL and NGINX I'm not sure who/how to correctly ask this. I've tried searching and either my Google-fu needs work or I'm just not searching the right terms. I'm still learning NGINX configs.
Here's my […]
- redirect reverse-proxy to SSL depending on origin of request I have an NGINX server which binds to port 443, provides authentication, and reverse-proxies all SSL requests to a bunch of back-end servers. Another server listens on port 80, but it […]
- problem nginx on ubuntu with nodejs I'm trying to make nginx upstream configuration working for ubuntu 14.04, and make my nodejs app visible from virtual host name.
this is my conf file in available-sites under the […]
- Nginx Load-Balacing node.js, SSL Not Working I'm running 12.04 and using Nginx to load-balance node.js and I'm having an issue getting SSL to work.
Using the configuration below, when I send any requests via https I get […]
- Nginx failing to reload – how to track down why? Hi I've had my Nginx server running great on Ubuntu server 12.04 for a while.
I've been gradually bolting on various bits, and got as far as optimising load times on my wordpress page. […]
- Virtualbox nginx service wont start on startup, but can be activated through terminal My normal OS is Windows 7 64-bit, but I'm running VirtualBox with the latests release of Ubuntu installed. I'm trying to use the VM as my web server as developing a Rails application on a […]