» Qt rendering an image and showing it
Qt rendering an image and showing it
|September 13, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I have a small app that renders an image. It’s in .ppm format and opens nicely in Mac’s Xee image viewer. The image is created in the default project folder.
However, the user doesn’t know where the image is after it is rendered and I would like to open it automatically or perhaps offer where to save the image before it is created.
That is the first problem. The second problem is .ppm – it’s not opened by default on Windows, you need Irfan Viewer or something alike.
Is there a way to solve both those problems easily in Qt? For instance, the image is created where the user wants and my app displays it in that ppm format without using some other software? And If a user wants to reopen the image, I should probably make it possible, as well.
I am not a Qt, nor a C++ developer so I am struggling a bit with this, but I have to do it.
Thanks in advance for the tips and advices.
More Related Questions
- Auto resizing qt application. (main window) I've recently started development in qt and so far it's going good. Now my question is : can I auto re-size qt application as per my screen resolution ? Say, I 've a main window designed […]
- Linux, can I redirect the debug output of a external library (.so) I'm developing an app in qt c++, on linux (and then others platforms).
I'm using a library of third part in my project. During the program execution the library writes debug messages on my […]
- Qt: Running designer app with main in different directory I've written a Qt application initially in one directory, meaning that all the necessary files, and the like were included. So, the directory structure would look something like […]
- When trying to build a project in Qt Creator, I get the error:ui_texo.h file not found #include "ui_texo.h" My project file qt.pro is located in the same folder as a .ui file called texo.ui. From what I have read, it seems like a file ui_texo.h should be automatically generated when I try to […]
- Qt signals missing in external dll I have signals in a library, iris xmpp library, that I use in my application. Everything works fine on Mac OS X and Linux, but Windows produces a whole bunch of signals not found […]
- Submitting Qt 5.3 app for Review on Mac App Store For context, I am using Qt 5.3.1 with Xcode 5.1.1 on OSX 10.9.
After some struggle, I was finally able to get my application's PKG file to upload through Application Loader and appear in […]
- Which QT Version/Build is more stable? I am a newbie to QT.
I used to play with QT examples on Win7 (32bit) and had a lot of fun.
Now I bought a new Win8 (64bit）PC and wanted to work with QT.
I installed that lasted vs 2012 […]
- Using Qt in VS2013 I have recently discovered Qt 5.2, and it looks pretty nice for me, though I have a problem: I want to use it inside Visual Studio 2013. I downloaded the Visual Studio Add-in 1.2.3 Alpha […]
- Using SDL for a web application I'm currently working on an SDL 2 application (C++) and I have a question. As the title suggests i'm attempting to use SDL as a web app. I wanted to know what the best way to go about this […]
- Qt C++: How to change layout after new project opening? I would like to create two layouts for my program. The first one would be showed to user after startup of program and would contains two push buttons - new/open project and the right side […]