» Qt Creator needs a compiler set up to build. Configure a compiler in kit options
Qt Creator needs a compiler set up to build. Configure a compiler in kit options
|January 23, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I just installed Qt 5.2 package on ubuntu. I simply created a Qt widget application, and when I tried to build it, I got the following message:
Qt Creator needs a compiler set up to build. Configure a compiler in
I have tried several things, all of which were unsuccessful. I tried setting the compiler kit to
Desktop Qt 5.2.0 GCC 32bit (default)
However it didn’t work
After that I set the compiler to
GCC (x86 32bit in use/bin)
However that didn’t work either.
I also tried adding gcc manually and gave it the path
but it still didn’t work.
This is what appears in there Qt Version tab
This is what I get when I remove the .pro.user file and restart the IDE, Whats the difference between configuring a project as Desktop and Desktop Qt 5.2.0 GCC 32bit?
More Related Questions
- Qt5.1.0 Static linking, "This application cannot be statically linked to the fftreal library" These are the exact steps that I took:
Installed Qt 5.1.0 from this link and placed it in C:\Qt\Qt5.1.0\: […]
- Creator still uses old compiler even though Ive updated my kit I had a kit set up in Qt Creator 3.0.1 that pointed to my cross toolchain. This worked until I ran into a bug in the compiler and now have to upgrade to a newer version.
I've obtained a […]
- Compile with QtCreator on mac with c++11 I want to compile with QtCreator 2.6.2 a program that uses Qt framework 4.8 and syntax of c++11.
So in .pro file I have this line:
QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -std=c++0x
Possibly I'd like to use […]
- Qt Project qmake Error on Building I'm new at Qt. I made a Qt Quick Application. When I try to build project, compiler gives this error:
23:26:42: Running steps for project Basla...
23:26:42: Starting: […]
- Ubuntu and Qt creator keyboard layout change problem When I run Qt Creator on my Ubuntu 14.04 with English layout, it always types in English and it won't change if I change my layout to other language. In front, when I run Qt Creator with […]
- QtCreator – back slashes in path prevents QT application from deploying to andoid I try to create qtquick extention and app which uses it. The project root folder is: f:/work/app-project.
There is all.pro file in that folder:
TEMPLATE = subdirs
SUBDIRS += \
- unable to run make during installation of kernel 3.3.6 desktop:~/Desktop/linux-3.3.6$ make xconfig
make: Warning: File `scripts/kconfig/.zconf.tab.o.cmd' has modification time 1.7e+04 s in the future
* Unable to find the QT4 […]
- Failed to build qt5.2.1 static with MSVC 2010 x86 I've got Win 7 x64 and i am trying to build static qt5.2.1 from source winth MSVC 2010 x86.
The problem is
link /NOLOGO /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /INCREMENTAL:NO […]
- How to run an application which import QtQuick2.0 and QtQuick.Controls 1.1 I create qtquick application for the first time. I use QtCreator 3.0, Qt5.2.0, and MSVC2012.
When I wrote the following code, I got error message. I understand what it says. But I want to […]
- How to add library to app dependency list in QtCreator I'm trying to create QtQuick extention, and can't understand, how I can add it to my app project, that it was compiling, picks, and for android, packing in one apk?