» Protocol-relative URL in CSS for multiple subdomains
Protocol-relative URL in CSS for multiple subdomains
|September 13, 2011
Posted by forumadmin
Our php-driven website has recently added ssl certificates to support the https protocol and we are having problems with IE6 through IE8 although our pages do not have resources called through http.
I have read this post : http://paulirish.com/2010/the-protocol-relative-url/
So, basicaly, I need to replace all the
I’m not quite a fan of using my domain name across several hundred css files to start with, but suppose I do : what would be the best practice to do so for my development, test and staging environments which are all on different subdomains than the production site. I would need to use dynamic representations of the domain name in the css files, most probably driven from some sort of config file, but how ?
More Related Questions
- CSS: Why is my floated <span> being displayed below an <a>nchor in IE6/7 but not IE8/FF i'm getting this weird CSS bug in ie6/7 (but not in ie8 or firefox): for some reason, my anchor and <span>, two inline elements, which are on the same line, are being displayed on […]
- IE7 CSS – footer div moves when hovering certain links When you hover over the top nav links (contact/donate/media) in IE7, the footer div comes up to the level of the sidebar.
- Disabling all scripts
- Putting clear divs in […]
- IE7 and "inherit": ignoring entire rule? I know that IE7 doesn't support the value inherit for any CSS properties except direction and visibility. When a browser doesn't support a value, it should simply not apply the given […]
- CSS doesnt apply to dynamically created elements in IE 7? Still looking for an answer.
Changing or reassigning to the filter's innerHTML successfully redraws the element, but breaks my script, so that's out.
Adding additional child nodes, […]
- CSS <ul> <li> gap in IE7 I have a CSS <ul> <li> nested menu that works perfectly in IE 8 and firefox but in IE7 it produces a small gap between the elements.
this is my CSS:
#nav, #nav ul
- jQuery.css() for IE Only styling I'm using jQuery to position elements in a submenu. The html looks like:
- Web Fonts Not Loading IE8 I'm not sure what the problem is, but I have just converted a set of fonts using Font2Web and I have attached the following code to my css to render my fonts required, as I normally […]
- Relative positioned child whithin a relative positioned parent disappears in IE7 For few days i'm looking for a good solution for my problem, but with no success.
Here is my code:
<ul style="list-style: none; position: relative;">
<li style="float: […]
- ie7 problem: multiple floating divs with percentage widths equaling 100% inside container div This seems to works in ie8, Chrome, and Firefox. Everything should be on the same line, but in ie7 the last div for some reason doesn't seem to "fit" and gets dropped down to the next […]
- IE7 text-align not working I have a simple horizontal UL LI main nav which I am trying to align to the center of the page. Text-align, which works in the other browsers is working but this does not work in IE7.