» problem with update ubuntu 14.04 dell vostro 3400
problem with update ubuntu 14.04 dell vostro 3400
|September 11, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
my problems is the next:
I have installed ubuntu 14.04 in my laptop dell vostro 3400, before the installation ubuntu did not start due to the Nvidia video (black screen), so I was reading on internet a I edited the start changing “quiet splash” for “nomodeset”, using that I can enter to ubuntu, when I am there I search for Nvidia driver and installed, then I restart the system and everything is ok, the system start normally, but when I accept the ubuntu updates and ask me to restart the system, it does not work again, it blocks when the ubuntu symbol appear at the begining, I edit again the system start changing to nomodeset but I does work. I have reinstalled ubuntu twice but when I accept the updates that ubuntu suggest it does not work anymore.
Thanks for your help.
More Related Questions
- After first software update on ubuntu 14.04 pc boots to a black screen I've installed ubuntu 14.04 twice on my OptiPlex 990 Dell computer. Both times, after first software update the pc boots to a black screen. I thought it was a video driver problem, so the […]
- I just installed a 14.04 32 bit update, and now I get no Video using N-Vidia drivers I just performed a suggested update by the Update Manager on Ubuntu 14.04, and now I get no video when I reboot.
I get the splash screen, then it goes black.
Can I somehow switch back […]
- Deleted /etc/X11/xorg.conf and now Ubuntu wont boot I am trying to install Ubuntu 12.04 on my Dell XPS 15z by following this tutorial and I managed to make it boot by typing acpi_backlight=vendor dell_laptop.backlight=0 in the grub boot […]
- 14.04 on DELL L502X freeze at startup after installing nvidia drivers First i want to apologise for my bad english.
Now straight to my problem.:)
After OS installation I started installing the drivers for GeForce GT540M graphics in my notebook.
I chose […]
- Ubuntu 12.10 – nVidia driver problems I recently purchased a new Dell XPS 14, I was dual booting Windows 8 with Ubuntu 12.10. Initially, I had problems with getting the NVidia drivers to work correctly. When I reboot after the […]
- Problem with latest nvidia driver update I just updated the nvidia driver, provided by Canonical.
I used first the 304 one, then changed to the 319 one and everything worked fine.
But since the latest update (to version 331), […]
- 12.04.2 update problems I'm having problems with the update to 12.04.2 (x64).
I ran the updates and rebooted the machine. It started backup in TTY1 (I've had this happen before no biggy) so I hit Ctrl+Alt+F7 […]
- How to handle windows on multiple screens? I've multiple screens i.e. one computer monitor and one TV. It would be preferable if, when the TV is turned off, nothing is sent to the TV but as it happens, I can have the TV turned off […]
- desktop doesnt load properly when logging in I have had ubuntu installed on my desktop computer for a few months now,and after an update a error message showed up on both lightdm and when i logged in saying 'could not apply the […]
- 14.04 Doesnt Shutdown Completely Ubuntu 14.04 doesn't finish shutting down. It just keeps playing the Ubuntu splash screen.
In troubleshooting I tried sudo shutdown now and it stopped with the screen black, but still […]