» (Problem) Nvidia GTX 760 on ubuntu 13.10 64bit
(Problem) Nvidia GTX 760 on ubuntu 13.10 64bit
|January 13, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
After several years of using dual boot (windows to play and Ubuntu to work) I decided to just use ubuntu, but I have a problem after installing nvidia-drivers 331.20 and reboot the screen is black, I have seen many solutions for this problem, in particular i run the following command
sudo apt-get purge nvidia* then
sudo reboot and i am ready to use ubuntu.
Q = how to fix this problem, I really want to play but the latest drivers (331.20) are the ones that are optimized for the 700 series.
More Related Questions
- Installing latest Nvidia from Xorg PPA gives black screen After several years of using dual boot (windows to play and Ubuntu to work) I decided to just use ubuntu, but I have a problem after installing nvidia-drivers 331.20 and rebooting the […]
- Ubuntu 13.10 – Black screen after logging in after installing nVidia drivers I recently installed Ubuntu 13.10 in a dual-boot with Windows 7, so I'm still quite new to using Linux.
Most things were working fine, and I could log in normally (apart from the first […]
- Ubuntu 13.10 failed NVIDIA drivers install (no bumblebee) Thinkpad W520 with Quadro 1000m, optimus disabled.
Reading a little bit about the topic, I thought I was well prepared and did the following:
sudo apt-get remove --purge nvidia*
- Booting to black screen with blinking cursor after installing Nvidia driver 319.82 with GT218 ION on Ubuntu 13.10 This is my first post so I hope I'm doing everything right.
I've been trying to fix this for a few days now with no joy. I installed Ubuntu 13.10 on my Revo 3700. Everything works with […]
- Tried installing Nvidia driver 310, wont boot I've read a few other similar questions but all of their solutions require the use of a terminal (from what I gather) and, sorry to be a bit of a newb here, but I can't seem to get to a […]
- Propietary Nvidia driver kernel initialization error Brief summary:
I installed Nvidia proprietary drivers and at boot I see the splash screen and then it drops to the command line login screen.
I am running Kubuntu 13.10 and […]
- Ubuntu 14.04 install NVIDIA driver After I have managed to get running Ubuntu 14.04 (look at my last question about booting upgraded Ubuntu) now there is another problem:
To continue with that story: I found a way to burn […]
- Black screen with nVidia drivers on ubuntu I have: ASUS P4V800D-X Intel Pentium 4 HT 2.80GHz 2.5GB RAM 40GB HDD nVidia 9500GT
When I installed nVidia drivers downloaded from nvidia.com website (selected recommended drivers), I […]
- Clean Ubuntu 13.10 64 bit install crashes on NVidia 8400M G 128 MB After installing a clean Ubuntu 13.10 64 bit on my Asus F3SC it keeps crashing probably due to the graphics driver. After a few seconds/minutes the screen becomes dirty/garbled with some […]
- Another black screen after Nvidia driver installing I'm quite new on Ubuntu, and this is my firt post here on the forum, even if I read it a lot.
I've installed the lastest Nvidia driver for my Graphic Card (a .run file), I've followed […]