» problem after apt-get update command
problem after apt-get update command
|July 24, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
Recently , i tried to install google earth from Ubuntu tweak . the programme asked me to add the repository of google earth . well,after i do the command i found that an error message that told me that i couldn’t add the source and the system can’t build packages tree.i run in terminal
sudo apt-get update
and i found following Errors:
Fetched 143 kB in 3min 43s (637 B/s)
Reading package lists... Error!
W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net trusty Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 6AF0E1940624A220 Launchpad PPA for TualatriX
W: GPG error: http://eg.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-backports Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 40976EAF437D05B5 Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing Key <firstname.lastname@example.org>
E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/eg.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_trusty_multiverse_i18n_Translation-en%5fUS
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
I can’t launch Ubuntu software center.and a minus mark appear in bar at the top of the screen . please tell me what should i do in steps please.i have Ubuntu 14.04 trusty tahr.
More Related Questions
- Issue with Ubuntu Software Centre – Error Message i know this question may have been asked a lot before but im relatively new to ubuntu so was hoping for some specific instructions to remedy the problem im having.
My problem is that i […]
- problem with installing apps and updating software sources When I have try to install new software through terminal such as:
sudo apt-get install nethogs
I get the following error:
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get […]
- Unable to update or install program in any way I have Ubuntu 12.10 installed, since about 1 month ago i can't install any program from software center, or synaptic or terminal, and also i can not update my installed software. Here is a […]
- facing a problem in updating software The message which is showing when failed to update software is shown below.
Could not initialize the package information
An unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package […]
- Failed to download repository information: unable to connect to 188.8.131.52:8080 Please Help! I've tried many of the solution posted for similar questions. But nothing helped. whenever i try to update or install software, i get a huge list of errors! I'm new to ubuntu and hence […]
- Failed to download repository information: unable to connect to 184.108.40.206:8080 I've tried many of the solution posted for similar questions. But nothing helped. whenever i try to update or install software, i get a huge list of errors! I'm new to ubuntu and hence […]
- How to install again Update Manager after uninstalling it Ok, the thing is this
I tried asking many times on few ubuntu forums how to deal with my non-responsive Update Manager, but all I was getting was the same stuff (run it from the terminal, […]
- Error occured when updating system I have a problem during updating my Ubuntu system using terminal.
Recently, there was two warning message appears on my terminal which like below:
W: Failed to fetch […]
- Help please. Update Manager doesnt let me update and I cant install anything from the Ubuntu Software Center When I go to Update Manager and try to install the important security updates I get this message:
Requires installation of untrusted packages
The action would require the installation of […]
- Error occurring while updating the repo I'm using ubuntu 12.04 LTS and getting this error while updating the repo. How to resolve this GPG error?
W: A error occurred during the signature verification. The
repository is […]