» No USB boot. No CD boot. Can I install Ubunto on a Mac Mini?
No USB boot. No CD boot. Can I install Ubunto on a Mac Mini?
|August 6, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I’ve been through the answers to similar questions, but they all require USB or CDROM booting. I’ve installed EFI – it might be that I’ve not done that correctly, but it boots in EFI, but doesn’t find the CD or a USB stick.
I have got Ubuntu running under VirtualBox on the mac mini. It’s just horribly slow.
Is there not some way that I can install bootable Ubuntu onto another partition on the same physical drive, so I can dual boot from the same disc, using Ubuntu on VirtualBox?
I’ve been hunting, but I can’t find any instructions to do this.
I’d be grateful for any pointers.
More Related Questions
- Cant boot into ubuntu 12.10 after installing on an UEFI system I have Sony VIAO SVS13112ENB which has a Insyde H2O bios with UEFI and enabled. It came with Windows 7 and then i upgraded it to Windows 8. Now I am trying to install and run Ubuntu with […]
- Dual boot Ubuntu 14.04 with windows 8 I'm attempting to dual boot Win8 and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. I already had Win8 installed and have Ubuntu installed, and when booting I am given the option to boot either Win8 or Ubuntu, but […]
- Dual Boot Ubuntu 14.04 with Windows 7 on UEFI I just built a new computer last week, and this weekend I got around to attempting to install Ubuntu 14.04 on it besides Windows 7. This is my first experience really using UEFI, so I was […]
- Problem with dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 8 I have got a new Lenovo y510p with 8.1, When I tried to install Ubuntu, It did not detect the USB. So I changed the boot mode to legacy and selected priority to legacy first. Before that I […]
- Problem while Dual booting windows 8 pro with Ubuntu 13.10 I have a HP Pavilion-15-n004tx laptop. It supports UEFI. However when i installed Windows 8 on it, i disabled the UEFI and installed the Windows in Legacy BIOS mode. I wanted to dual boot […]
- Unable to repair GRUB with Boot Repair I installed Ubuntu on my laptop, which came with Win 8.1 preinstalled, with UEFI of course. So, I disabled secure boot and I installed without much interruption, but I realized that I […]
- Replace windows8 with ubuntu from dual-boot I have an Acer Aspire 5349, came with win7 preinstalled, but Win8 installed as only OS, so none of that UEFI crap.
Recently installed ubuntu 13.04 as dual-boot (NOT with wubi) but now I […]
- dual boot lost, how can I enter in ubuntu again? I have a notebook and, while in windows 8, a updater software that came with it updated the bios and now I can only access windows. how can I restore the boot options?
my note has UEFI and […]
- Cant get burg to load up on 14.04.1 LTS with Windows 8.1 Pro So I reinstalled the LTS due to some issues and I decieded to try burg out. So installed it and everything and sudo burg-emu works and shows the theme installed working too.
However it […]
- How do I install (to dual-boot) Ubuntu on this UEFI MSI GE40 2OC-218USK laptop? I have a GE40 2OC-218USK laptop. I am trying to repartition the hard drive to have it dual boot Ubuntu and Windows 8.
Nothing but endless problems. I've been progressively turning more […]