» No sound from external speakers/headphones (jack)
No sound from external speakers/headphones (jack)
|December 11, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
I’ve got constant problem, after instaling Ubuntu 13.10. I get no sound from the audio jack (speakers, headphones etc) but my internal speakers work right, playing sound as they should. Tried many “workarounds”a found here, but not even one seems to fix the problem … My laptop is ASUS K55VM, if You need any command-output just ask, and I will post it ( due to being completely linux-noob, I don’t want to post any nonesense).
More Related Questions
- 13.04 hp laptop dv6t intel quad edition no headphone sound when plugged in this is my alsa output
I have followed this old solution that solved my problem for ubuntu 12.04, but in 13.04 […]
- how do I disable the headphone jack so sound will come out of the speakers? I just installed ubuntu 12.04 (it still has windows 7 on it but I can't access it I don't think) on my moms older and pretty beat up laptop. the thing has a few problems like needing the […]
- No Speaker sound on HP ProBook 6550b I have this problems since always, but never care, today i want to use only ubuntu, no more windows, so i installed ubuntu 14.04 and the speakers does not work (work fine on windows until […]
- Speakers and headphones at the same time when using a DV6-2170 I am on a HP Pavilion DV6-2170US, running 32-bit Ubuntu 12.10. When I plug in my headphones the speakers AND the headphones play sound at the same time. The speakers should stop playing […]
- Headphones dont work on Asus K55V I have an Asus K55V. After loading Ubuntu 12.04, I didn't get any sound on my headphones. My speakers work fine... Can you help me with this problem? Asked By - Tigin […]
- Sound issues after trying everything I cannot get my sound working properly, no matter what I do, there's always some problem. It's very annoying as it's the only thing preventing me from making Ubuntu my main OS.
At the […]
- Laptop speaker disappeared from sound settings I am using Thinkpad T61 with Ubuntu 14.04. A few days ago I used my headphones for the first time after upgrading from 12.04 and got the sound to my headphones with not problem. However […]
- Sound from both headphones and speakers I guess this question already had the answer here but I can't find it. I'm using 12.04.
The problem is that I can hear the sound from my laptop's speakers even I plugged in my […]
- Headphone jack port stopped working after opening two apps successively On my Asus F201E with Ubuntu 13.10, I have used headphones without problems until a few days ago, I opened Clementine and Audacity at the same time, and now my headphone port does not work […]
- Analog and digital audio output at the same time My speakers use a digital input, but my headphones use an analog input. I have them both plugged in, and when I want to use the headphones I just turn off the speakers and switch on the […]