» No sound after updates in Xubuntu 12.04
No sound after updates in Xubuntu 12.04
|July 16, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
After installing updates all my computer was muted. I have tried turning the volume up in gnome alsa mixer and I switched to pulse audio but nothing worked. Does anyone else who has encountered this problem know how to fix it?
More Related Questions
- USB port not working, while shutdown and network manager are misbehaving I use an Acer Aspire One with Xubuntu (12.04).
Last night I installed a few updates, only the security ones because it was late. It finished OK with a message about needing to restart for […]
- How do I prevent these errors from showing up with GNOME keyring? Background
Trying to update a repository, after a fresh install of Xubuntu 12.04, using:
The following message appeared:
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect […]
- Installing Gnome 3, should I use gdm or lightdm? I'm currently using Xubuntu 14.04 and I wanted to try out Gnome 3, so i started installing it, and during the installation it is asking me what display manager should I use by default: gdm […]
- Is my sound card dead? Ubuntu/Xubuntu no audio I was wondering if anyone knew how I can check to see if my sound card is no longer functional or if I'm missing some libraries or something. The sound was working fine for a while and […]
- How long can recordings be when using the Gnome Sound Recorder? When I tried to use the gnome-sound-recorder to make a sound recording (.wav lossless) of several hours, my system ran out of memory after about one hour, which caused heavy swapping and […]
- Lubuntu no sound at all; no mute, alsa, pulse Apologies if this question has been answered already but I've scoured these forums and I haven't found anything that works.
I recently put together a low spec machine with plans on […]
- How do I maximize the sound volume on a Macbook Pro in GNOME Shell? How do you maximize sound volume in Gnome Shell under Ubuntu 11.10?
I have a Macbook, and my sound and volume keys generally work, but even if I use the volume keys to set volume to 100%, […]
- Where is Update Manager in Xubuntu 13.04? Update Manager doesn't work in Xubuntu 13.04.
When the system loads a notice appears "There are 96 updates, click this note to update". I click a notice but nothing happens, it just […]
- In Xubuntu, should I always install everything in the Update Manager? I have been running Xubuntu 12.10 for over a month now, on 5 machines (old Compaq Evos, runs nice and slim on these old chips). I immediately became afraid of installing the updates […]
- Gnome3 on Xubuntu keeps forgetting my screen resolution I installed Gnome3 on Xubuntu. After I install I used the display manager to set the resolution at 1024*768. But after every reboot Gnome keeps going to 800*600.
Fixes I tried.
I made […]