» .net letting window know of unhandeled exception
.net letting window know of unhandeled exception
|August 22, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I am wondering if there is anyway to let your window (wpf) know of an unhandeled exception before the dispatcher kicks in?
Reasons for this:
– I have a global unhandled code at application.xaml.vb. this opens a special window that contains StackTrace information.
– At the window level, i have a user control that I would like to change properties based on messages. now i normally do this by putting try/catch, but by doing this, i will be handeling the exception, and thus the special msgbox will never show.
is there any way to keep the exception unhandled and letting the window know of the problem before the dispatcher kicks in? if so, how?
APPLICATION – Start
WINDOW – Open
CODE THAT THROWS EXCEPTION()
<——i need something here, that runs code while keeping the code as unhandeled.
UNHANDELED_EXCEPTION() on APPLICATION
More Related Questions
- WPF global exception handler sometimes, under not reproducible circumstances, my WPF application crashes without any message. The application simply close instantly.
Where is the best place to implement the global […]
- "Items collection must be empty before using ItemsSource." I'm trying to get images to display in a WPF ListView styled like a WrapPanel as described in this old ATC Avalon Team article: How to Create a Custom View.
When I try to populate the […]
- Globally catch exceptions in a WPF application? We are having a WPF application where parts of it may throw exceptions at runtime. I'd like to globally catch any unhandled exception and log them, but otherwise continue program execution […]
- How do I create a menu separator bar in WPF using code I am creating menus in WPF programatically using vb.net. Can someone show me how I can add separator bar to a menu in code? No xaml please. Asked By - […]
- Prevent propertychanged firing when Entity Framework is reading data By default propertychanged events, if defined in the partial class, are fired on EntityObjects when the data is retrieved from database.
Private Sub OnFirstNameChanged()
'will fire […]
- WPF Validate Properties of Model Object in View-Model Using IDataErrorInfo I am new to WPF and MVVM and I am trying to do data validation using IDataErrorInfo. Here's the scenario. I have a model called Loan.
Public Class Loan
Private _AccountNumber […]
- Ive caught an exception!! Now what? I've started using try catch blocks (a bit late, I know!), but now I'm not sure what to do with the exception once I've caught it. What should I do?
- How Does 3rd Party Component Licensing work in WPF? In WinForms whole licensing schema in .NET is revolved around LicenseManager and LicenseProvider as mentioned quite nicely in this article.
I have simple test form in WinForm (dropped […]
- .NET Global exception handler in console application Question: I want to define a global exception handler for unhandled exceptions in my console application. In asp.net, one can define one in global.asax, and in windows applications […]
- How can I register a global hot key to say CTRL+SHIFT+(LETTER) using WPF and .NET 3.5? I'm building an application in C# using WPF. How can I bind to some keys?
Also, how can I bind to the Windows key? Asked By - w-ll Read […]