» Nautilus doesnt see free space but GParted does
Nautilus doesnt see free space but GParted does
|January 20, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
I’ve recently moved my system partition in order to install some Windows and now Nautilus reports 0 free space at
/home partition (and the total size seems to be incorrect as well)
but there are 17 GB and GParted can see that
I’ve checked them for errors with GParted and naively moved
ubuntu partition a little bit further from
home but that didn’t help…
What else can I do?
More Related Questions
- Fifth partition I'm trying to install to my Dell Latitude E6540 ubuntu 14.04 and windows 8.1. The problem is that I want to make a fifth partition for storage.
The 1st partition is for ubuntu os. The 2nd […]
- How to Install ubuntu, problems with disk partitions I couldn't install Ubuntu since the unallocated space is not shown in Ubuntu installer or Gparted, and the "Install along side Windows" option is not listed.
Screen shot of Disk […]
- Partitioning an external hard drive for Linux I want to partition an external SSD hard drive (30GB) for Ubuntu. What is the proper size for main partition, Swap partition and for the rest? I want to use remaining disk space to store […]
- swap partition not working on ver 13.10 It's a 3 day old install of Ubuntu 13.10
I set my partitions up correctly beforehand with Gparted(you'll have to trust me on that)
swap partition was formatted as linux-swap and given 6gb […]
- Move unallocated space so it can be assigned to an existing partition I have an issue that I cannot seem to solve, please see the following screenshot:
The circles represent the key symbols which aren't removed even during live session from a bootable USB […]
- Can I merge these partitions or will it break my chromebook? Ok I am a linux beginner and I need some serious help. Product info: Acer c7 chromebook with chromeOS and xubuntu 12.04 (i think) dual booted using 'crouton'.
My problem is that my […]
- (11.10) Install Windows on Logical/Extended Partition — Dual-Boot I have 3 Primary/Basic partitions:
sda1. Ubuntu 11.10 root drive (40G)
sda2. FreeBSD root (20G)
sda3. Windows XP root drive(4G)
I have a Logical/Extended Partition sda4 of 234GB, divided […]
- Two Volumes? Want to Merge! I apologize ahead of time for how confusing this may be. I am very new to things such as partitions, disks, and hard drives.
When I installed Ubuntu there were two options, install on a […]
- Formatting and Partitioning SSD Help? So I just installed Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on my netbook and was going through the things to do to optimize my SSD (https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/ssd) Steps 5 and 6 tell me […]
- Reading Partition Start and End in TestDisk I'm using TestDisk in an attempt to recover a partition gone terribly awry. Identifying the partition in question should simply be a matter of simply recognizing the location in the disk […]