» My ubuntu partition was deleted and i cant booting from dvd rom and usb
My ubuntu partition was deleted and i cant booting from dvd rom and usb
|March 7, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
Its my first time installing ubuntu. I have Windows 7 and 8 before in my laptop (Acer Aspire 4752z). After Ubuntu (12.04) installed in my laptop, Windows boot loader doesnt recognize my Ubuntu so i updated grub from live USB. And after grup updated, my Ubuntu can booting perfectly but my Windows isnt listed in the grub. So i follow someone instruction to update my grub, again. And after that, the grub isnt showing the OS list, so i updated the grub again. And after reboot, the grub is too shy to show itself. (This part is beginning of my stupid and amateur act, i think). And after im searching about this problem on the net and trying to update grub again and again, i decided to delete Ubuntu partition from live USB. And shortly, then im booting to windows with hiren boot and i use mbrfix. But i think it failed. Now i cant show my BIOS setup and booting from DVD rom and USB. After that, the only screen i can see after booting is:
error: unknown filesystem
i need help from you all..
More Related Questions
- Laptop wont boot after I deleted Ubuntu partition I'd installed an Ubuntu distro alongside Windows 8 that I didn't like. I was going to replace it with standard Ubuntu, but it was having trouble, so I deleted the Ubuntu partition from […]
- Cant install Windows as dual boot after Ubuntu I've a quite complicated problem related to dual boot of Ubuntu and Windows 7.
At first I had Windows 7 installed in my laptop but then when I tried to dual boot with Ubuntu 14.04, I […]
- Is it possible to install windows7 on Ubuntu14.04? PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A REPEATED QUESTION AS THE QUESTION SIMILAR TO THIS HAVE ALL FAILED TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM.
I have tried to install windows 7 on ubuntu-14.04 with a live USB […]
- Upgrading from 13.10 to 14.04 broke Grub I have a dual boot Ubuntu + Windows 8 on an UEFI system. Everything was ok until I upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04 from 13.10.
Now what I get when I boot the pc is a grub rescue screen like this […]
- Recover Windows after reinstalling Ubuntu I have a dual boot machine with Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu. Yesterday I tried to reinstall Ubuntu to use a lot of the free space I had in my hard drive. I wasn't very smart and I simply […]
- PC wont boot from the first time When i try to start my laptop all i see is a black screen (not even the window that show the Brand ...) and the power light is on .
And i have to unplug the power ,then plug it again to […]
- Problem while Dual booting windows 8 pro with Ubuntu 13.10 I have a HP Pavilion-15-n004tx laptop. It supports UEFI. However when i installed Windows 8 on it, i disabled the UEFI and installed the Windows in Legacy BIOS mode. I wanted to dual boot […]
- Ubuntu 12.04 & Grub on Macbook Several months ago I installed Ubuntu in an external 500MB USB disk (and on an old MacBook4,1).
with a GPT Partition table and partitioned as following:
an unique ext4 […]
- Unable to repair GRUB with Boot Repair I installed Ubuntu on my laptop, which came with Win 8.1 preinstalled, with UEFI of course. So, I disabled secure boot and I installed without much interruption, but I realized that I […]
- Ubuntu 12.04 fails to boot from hard drive I have Ubuntu 12.04 in a dual-boot system with Windows XP in another partition. I used the live CD to perform the install and create the partitions. It has been running for about 2 weeks […]