» My package manager is broken, index files are missing
My package manager is broken, index files are missing
|May 27, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
I’ve a problem with package-manager in my Ubuntu 12.04. I’ve read some answer and I find this possible solution:
sudo apt-get autoremove && sudo apt-get autoclean
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y upgrade --fix-missing
I’ve try the solution proposed and I obtain this error message:(the message is in Italian but I put English translation in )
Errore GPG: http:/ /it.archive.ubuntu.com precise Release: Le seguenti firme non erano valide[the sequent signs are not valid]: BADSIG 40976EAF437D05B5 Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing Key W: Impossibile recuperare[impossible to recover] http:/ /it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/i18n/Index Nessuna voce Hash nel file Release[anyone Hash element in file Release] /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/it.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_precise_main_i18n_Index
W: Impossibile recuperare[impossible to recover] http:/ /it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/precise/multiverse/i18n/Index Nessuna voce Hash nel file Release[anyone Hash element in file Release] /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/it.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_precise_multiverse_i18n_Index
W: Impossibile recuperare[impossible to recover] http:/ /it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/precise/restricted/i18n/Index Nessuna voce Hash nel file Release[anyone Hash element in file Release] /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/it.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_precise_restricted_i18n_Index
W: Impossibile recuperare[impossible to recover] http:/ /it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/precise/universe/i18n/Index Nessuna voce Hash nel file Release[anyone Hash element in file Release] /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/it.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_precise_universe_i18n_Index
E: Impossibile scaricare alcuni file di indice: saranno ignorati o verranno usati quelli vecchi.[Is impossible download some index file: they will be ignored or will be used the old ones.]>>
I’don’t understand how resolve this problem anyone can help me?
More Related Questions
- Error occurring while updating the repo I'm using ubuntu 12.04 LTS and getting this error while updating the repo. How to resolve this GPG error?
W: A error occurred during the signature verification. The
repository is […]
- Updating problems Ubuntu 12.10 Whenever I try to update my computer by opening the Update Manager I get this problem and it just closes. Can someone help me?
W:GPG error: http:/packages.medibuntu.org quantal InRelease: […]
- How to solve "Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/PACKAGE"? After I installed some updates I restarted my computer.
Some days later I wanted to check for updates because the update-manager shows me the following: "The packet information has been […]
- Update manager for 12.04 needs 12.10 cd and fails to install When the update manager pops up informing me of updates, it lists the modules to be downloaded and installed, but requires 12.10 Quantal-Quetzel i386 cd, which I haven't got.
Here's my […]
- How to reduce the size of apt-get update list on a Development Release once it has been released as Stable? I have been using the development version of 13.04 since early March. In development release, the general behavior of running the sudo apt-get update command is to download the list files […]
- how to resolve index files error on 13.04 I just installed 13.04 and now trying to install apache web server but it keeps returning an error that says unable to fetch some archives. When I run sudo apt-get update, I get this:
- problem after apt-get update command Recently , i tried to install google earth from Ubuntu tweak . the programme asked me to add the repository of google earth . well,after i do the command i found that an error message that […]
- Failed to download repository information. Check your internet connection. Random bad repositories reported I recently started to have my system update manager coming back with nothing errors downloading repository information. When I run into this problem before, it was always a broken […]
- problem with installing apps and updating software sources When I have try to install new software through terminal such as:
sudo apt-get install nethogs
I get the following error:
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get […]
- Err http://ppa.launchpad.net raring/main amd64 Packages sudo apt-get update:
Translation-en Fetched 973 kB in 33s (28,8 kB/s) W: Failed to fetch