» Multiple keypresses not working properly in games
Multiple keypresses not working properly in games
|May 30, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I have an issue with my keyboard on Ubuntu 13.10 but this has been going on since 9.10. I tried to test on a Wine game (Mass Effect 3) and on a native Linux game (Left for Dead 2 on Steam) both with similar issues.
If I press ‘W’ to move forward and press ‘A’ or ‘D’ to strafe (while still holding down ‘W’) and then let go of ‘A’ or ‘D’, the transmission of ‘W’ to move forward simply halts.
I have Repeat Keys enabled (Key presses repeat when key is held down) and I’m not certain what is causing my issues.
For what its worth, my keyboard is a PS/2 keyboard hooked up into a usb adapter. The model number is: Logitech Y-SZ49.
More Related Questions
- Sim City 4 (Wine) crashes on Key Press, not sure why? This might not be the place to ask this but it seems more related to Ubuntu than Wine or Sim City.
I've successfully played 6 hours of Sim City 4 on PlayOnLinux using Wine 1.7.9 through […]
- Wine 1.7.9 and Mono package One day I installed wine 1.7.8 with mono and any game (also steam games) were working great. Few days ago my Linux broke completely so I had to reinstall it, then I updated nvidia drivers […]
- Games do not display on steam account I have just installed 64bit Ubuntu 12.04, and steam. The games I have payed for previously do not show up in my library. The heading of Linux games, there is 0. The heading of all games […]
- Is there a virtual machine with direct access to CPU and GPU for gaming? Sorry for the long question.
With the coming of Steam for Linux I may have been over optimistic and got rid of windows installation.
The problem is that I have about 100 Steam games that […]
- How to start games in Steam running on Wine? I understand that not all games will be compatible with Wine, but how do I start a game in Steam while running Steam on wine? Do i just press play? Asked By - […]
- Mixed mode in Steam (wine/native) I'm still relatively new to Linux's more technical side, but I wanted to know if it was possible to have the native Linux Steam client installed and launch games that do not have a native […]
- Bad performance in Dota2, AMD drivers fault or Wine fault? Tried to play Dota 2 through Wine and got terrible performance, is it AMD drivers fault or generally Wine fault?
If it's AMD drives fault, does NVIDIA have better drivers for linux based […]
- Playonlinux – Steam games wont launch I'm running Ubuntu gnome 14.04.
I installed Steam through Playonlinux and everything went fine.
I installed some windows games through Steam.
When I click 'play' to launch the game, I […]
- How do I get Fable: The lost chapters working with PlayOnLinux I have the steam version of Fable: The lost chapters and I tried opening it with PlayOnLinux with the default setup but steam crashed on start up. I fixed steam by using the latest version […]
- Is there a problem if I install Steam for Linux AND Steam via PlayOnLinux? I've been enjoying playing in Ubuntu 12.10 using Steam for Linux. The thing is some games (like Borderlands2) can't be installed there because you can only install games for […]