» Max number of hosts in TCP session/ UDP session
Max number of hosts in TCP session/ UDP session
|September 13, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
For one session of 5 hosts with TCP how many more hosts can join?
How many, if using UDP?
TCP has point-to-point connection, so there can be only 2 hosts in one session, right?
As for UDP, it is conectionless, so theoretically there is no limit!
Am I right?
More Related Questions
- IPv6 and ports How do ports (or their functional equivalent) work with IPv6?
Thanks! The Wikipedia article points out that the syntax of an IPv6 address includes colons and has a short form preventing […]
- Can two applications listen to the same port? As simple as it gets - can two applications on the same machine bind to the same port and ip address? Taking it a step further, can one app listen to requests coming from a certain ip and […]
- error: expected `, or `… before . token It compiles on an intel/linux 64bit machine just fine..
But I need to have this compile and work to test for Big/Little Endian on a SunOS machine.. But its not compiling..
Here is the […]
- HAProxy TCP session count stops at 400 I am trying HAProxy for TCP load balancing. Connections come in to port X on a single IP, and the HAProxy then balances these connections to a back-end using the "leastconn" balancing […]
- Java – InetSocketAddress hostname with accents I encounter a problem establishing a connection with an server that has some accents (é è ô...) in its hostname.
For example :
String oUrl = "www.hôtel.fr"; […]
- Unsureness about passing EndPoint to Socket.ReceiveFrom() If I do something like this:
byte buffer = new byte;
Socket sock = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Dgram, ProtocolType.Udp);
IPEndPoint remote = new […]
- How to use Django to get the name for the host server? How to use Django to get the name for the host server?
I need the name of the hosting server instead of the client name? Asked By - […]
- C# little endian or big endian? In the documentation of hardware that allows us to control it via UDP/IP,
I found the following fragment:
In this communication protocol, DWORD is a 4 bytes data, WORD is a 2 bytes […]
- UDP hole punching not going through on 3G I'm trying to implement in a software a hole punching feature.
The thing is, I'm implementing this with an already made TCP Server to communicate with Users.
Here's what I have so far : […]
- iPhone sends trains of UDP packets slowly I'm working on a bandwidth estimation tool among a PC and iPhone using trains of udp packets using BSD socket.
Example of train
for (int i=0; i<numberOfPackets; i++)