» Matplotlib and WSGI/mod_python not working on Apache
Matplotlib and WSGI/mod_python not working on Apache
|April 1, 2010
Posted by forumadmin
Everything works as supposed to on the Django development server. In Apache, the django app also works except when matplotlib is used. Here’s the error I get:
No module named multiarray.
Exception Type: ImportError
Exception Value: No module named multiarray
Exception Location: /usr/share/pyshared/numpy/core/numerictypes.py in <module>, line 81
Python Executable: /usr/bin/python
Python Version: 2.6.4
From the python shell, both statements work: import numpy.core.multiarray and import multiarray. Any ideas?
As I’m looking over the numpy files, I found the multiarray module, which has an extension of ‘so’. My guess, is that mod_python is not reading these files.
More Related Questions
- Web content filter with Apache + mod_wsgi? I'd like to write a simple web content filter with flexible filtering rules that are written in Python. The filter is to be used as a forward proxy.
Now, I have trouble choosing the right […]
- Serving static files with mod_wsgi and Django I have a django application using mod_python, fairly typical configuration except that media files are being served by a (I know, not recommended) 'media' directory in the document root. […]
- Converting from mod_python to mod_wsgi My website is written in Python and currently runs under mod_python with Apache. Lately I've had to put in a few ugly hacks that make me think it might be worth converting the site to […]
- deploying a WSGI application on mod_python I wrote a WSGI application which I need to deploy to a server, however I've been given a server that already has mod_python installed.
I am not allowed to remove mod_python since there […]
- python webpage mod_wsgi Before I used mod_python for python websites. Unfortunately mod_python is not up to date any more so I looked for another framework and found mod_wsgi.
In mod_python it was possible to […]
- Main and beta WSGI apps OK, so I've been looking around for hours and this has me stumped.
I have an app not yet in production, and my client wants it to split into less stable and more stable. So, I elected to […]
- Django newbie deployment question – ImportError: Could not import settings settings The app runs fine using django internal server however when I use apache + mod_python I get the below error
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", […]
- How do I modify sys.path from .htaccess to allow mod_python to see Django? The host I'm considering for hosting a Django site has mod_python installed, but does not have Django. Django's INSTALL file indicates that I can simply copy the django directory to […]
- Django and mod_wsgi Root URL Config I'm having a very strange issue with serving a Django project using Apache and mod_wsgi. When the URL is requested it seems that mod_wsgi and Django completely ignores my ROOT_URLCONF […]
- Mod_python error: ImportError: Could not import settings Trying to get Django to work with Apache, and I'm getting the following error:
ImportError: Could not import settings 'MyDjangoApp.settings' (Is it on sys.path? Does it have syntax […]