» Mac boot from Ubuntu installed on a USB drive
Mac boot from Ubuntu installed on a USB drive
|March 25, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
I have a USB drive with Ubuntu installed on it (on a Live USB, it actually has Ubuntu installed on it), and it works seamlessly when I try to boot my PC from it.
When I try to boot my mac (Mac Book Pro 15″ 6,2) off of it, it wouldn’t recognize it. I tried installing rEFIt and rEFInd on my Mac but neither seemed to help. How can I make it work? Is there any other boot menu intended for USBs? (rEFIt says on it’s website it doesn’t support USBs that great) Is there any way to manually program it? It is really important for me.
The USB drive is a San Disk Cruzer Pop 8 GB.
More Related Questions
- Installing Ubuntu onto MacBook Pro via USB I am new to this forum, and to Ubuntu. But I am trying to get it installed onto my MacBook Pro (late 2009 - with an installed Samsung SSD).
I have attempted to follow the tutorial on the […]
- Mounting Ubuntu to usb on Mac OSX Lion I am having an issue involving a Lexar USB device. When I attempt to Execute step 8
Execute sudo dd if=/path/to/downloaded.img of=/dev/rdiskN bs=1m (replace /path/to/downloaded.img […]
- Macbook 2,1 (no cd install problem) I am very frustrated. I been trying for almost 2 weeks to put Ubuntu on my Macbook (2,1) mid-2007 13" laptop. My combo drive does not work anymore. I tried the USB stick install method […]
- How to boot ubuntu on mac I tried many ways to boot Ubuntu on my mac os. I do not have an internal cd drive but wen I tried to install it using the external cd drive(from apple), the drive does not work (Apple made […]
- Create bootable USB of Ubuntu on Mac for a failed partial ubuntu install So I have 3 computers at my disposal, and would like to wipe my failed partial ubuntu update on COMP1 (which is also locked out from incorrect logins) (originally 12.04, failed partial of […]
- Bootable Ubuntu USB Stick just not possible on Macbook In case someone else attempts this they should not try any of the following routes when attempting to make a bootable installation or live ubuntu CD. Basically, nothing works and Ubuntu […]
- Boot Wubi in another bootloader I have a MacBook Pro 9.2, with 2 partitions (3, considering Mac OS Recovery), one with MacOS X and another with Windows 8.
I have installed Ubuntu through Wubi in Windows and I'd like to, […]
- Ubuntu 14.04 single install not booting Mac Pro 4.1 So this is what has happened so far...
I tried to install Ubuntu 14.04 Mac version and now the Intel version on my Mac Pro 4.1.
Installation succeeded each time yet when I restart the […]
- Cant boot into operating system after battery died After my battery died today, I went to charge my laptop. It's a MacBook Pro and I run a dual boot of Mac OS 10.3 and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. After booting into refit, and selecting Linux, I get […]
- How to dual boot Mac OS X and Ubuntu without rEFIt I want to install Ubuntu on my Mac but I don't want have to use rEFIt. Can I do that? Can I just hold the option key on startup and use that to pick what I startup with? And if so would I […]