» Limit select size of all user queries
Limit select size of all user queries
|September 12, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
Stupid question as it sounds but is there any way to implement select size limitation to specific users on SQL Server? Even though a user sends select *, the result set will contain only the first, say 10 results. Works just like the top operator but in a security context. There might be two benefits in this:
1) Prevent adhoc queries bloating the server.
2) Limit access to sensitive data.
More Related Questions
- How really functions WAITFOR statement in SQL? Maybe someone already ask this, but I can't find appropriate answer to this question.
If I have, let's say, following query:
FROM Table1 AS […]
- How to retrieve unique records having unique values in two columns from a table in SQL Server I want to query a table where I need the result that contains unique values from two columns together. For e.g.
EnquiryId | EquipmentId | […]
- How to change column name based on given month in sql server 2008R2 i want to show my pivot table column name as Monday 1,Tuesday 2 based on the month from the given date...i.e if it is July the month then Monday 1 Tuesday 2 so on for all days of the […]
- How to remove diagramming support objects from SQL Server? I need to remove diagramming support tables, stored procs, views, etc from SQL Servrer using TSQL script.
Is there such a script available?
SQL 2005 and 2008. Asked By - […]
- nvarchar(max) vs NText What are the advantages and disadvantages of using the nvarchar(max) vs. NText data types in SQL Server? I don't need backward compatibility, so it is fine that nvarchar(max) isn't […]
- How do I insert multiple rows WITHOUT repeating the "INSERT INTO dbo.Blah" part of the statement? I know I've done this before years ago, but I can't remember the syntax, and I can't find it anywhere due to pulling up tons of help docs and articles about "bulk imports".
Here's what I […]
- Using Table valued Function in join There is a Table valued function which gives multiple rows as output and there are 2 columns as output.
Now I want use this function in the query for all the employees in the employees […]
- Error : Invalid length parameter passed to the LEFT or SUBSTRING function My Function is as Following ::
Create Function dbo.fnFcid(@url varchar)
Return ( select ID from TTI_fat.dbo.FormContext
where caseId = (SELECT […]
- SQL return database name in a query comparing one table across three databases I have created a query that compares one table across three databases.
My query code is:
SELECT item, description, stocked, product_code, cost_method, cost_type
SELECT item, […]
- select top 10 records for each category I want to return top 10 records from each section in the one query. Can anyone help how to do it. Section is one of the column in the table.
Database is sql server 2005. Top 10 by date […]