» Keyboard pass-through from one Ubuntu PC to another?
Keyboard pass-through from one Ubuntu PC to another?
|October 1, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I have two PCs running Ubuntu. Both are on a common LAN and I can even connect them directly to each other with an ethernet cable.
Now, it just so happens that I hate the chiclet keyboard on the laptop. I have a mechanical keyboard attached to the desktop, but it’s PS/2, so I can’t attach it to the laptop.
Is there any way at all I can configure the two so that any keys I press on the keyboard, connected to the desktop, are sent directly to the laptop (including modifiers)?
More Related Questions
- Wifi problem in Ubuntu 13.04 with Apple Wireless Keyboard I bought Apple Wireless Keyboard last week and got some problem. So, when I connect a device via Bluetooth the Wifi connection always slowly. I try to change channel of wireless lan in […]
- One thread hinders the other in initializing serial port I've been struggling for this problem for a long time. I have two peripheral devices A and B that communicate with the software with USB serial ports. B has its own .jar file for finding […]
- How do I get my keyboard to work in Grub on this old IBM ThinkCentre PC? Recently, I installed Ubuntu 12.10 on an old IBM ThinkCentre alongside Windows XP Professional. I have had problems with Ubuntu, so I would like to boot into Windows to delete the Ubuntu […]
- Multiple keypresses not working properly in games I have an issue with my keyboard on Ubuntu 13.10 but this has been going on since 9.10. I tried to test on a Wine game (Mass Effect 3) and on a native Linux game (Left for Dead 2 on […]
- Keyboard and mouse are not working on dell laptop after updrading to 14.04 lts version Need a help,
Dell vostro ,
RAM: 4GB ,
Processor: i3 ,
HDD: 500GB ,
Yesterday, I have upgraded my ubuntu OS version 12.** LTS into 14.04 LTS on that time my […]
- Mouse/Keyboard not working in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Ok my problem is that when i try to install ubuntu or even 'Try' Ubuntu on my computer the mouse will turn on for about 2-3 Seconds then turn off. The keyboard is wireless and doesn't work […]
- USB Keyboard & Mouse Stopped Working (Ubuntu 14 LTS) I've been using Ubuntu 14 LTS on my work desktop, laptop, and home desktop without any problems. Does anyone know what I can do?
Keyboard on Boot
Keyboard in […]
- How can I disable "Pointer can be controlled using the keypad" function on Laptop? I'm using Ubuntu 11.10 on Desktop but Ubuntu originally was installed on laptop. Numeric keypad on my keyboard was set as mouse moving and mouse button. No matter how I toggle Num lock and […]
- Volume control keyboard shortcuts not working in 14.04? I run Ubuntu 14.04 on a Sony Vaio CS series laptop. Normally, the volume is controlled by pressing Funcion+F2, F3, and F4 for mute, volume down, and volume up respectively. I accidentally […]
- Numpad behaviour constantly changing I have a Lenovo G550 laptop with Ubuntu 12.10 installed and I have a problem with the Numpad/Num Lock behaviour (standard Hungarian layout). Sometimes when I press Home (key 7) it types 7 […]