» Key combinations for each language in Ubuntu 14.04
Key combinations for each language in Ubuntu 14.04
|September 15, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I’d like to have key combinations for each language (change the layout) in Ubuntu 14.04, for example:
Ctrl+1 – Spanish,
Ctrl+2 – French,
Ctrl+3 – Russian, etc
I haven’t found this options in text entry settings.
Would be grateful for any help.
More Related Questions
- Trying to map <Ctrl>+<hjkl> to <Left Down Up Right> globally (Vim-like arrow keys) with xmodmap I am trying to map Ctrl+H,J,K,L to arrow keys Left,Down,Up,Right, respectively, on Ubuntu OS (globally, not inside Vim).
I've attempted the solution posted here, but the modifier […]
- How I can bind keys for selecting language directly in Lubuntu 13.10? I like to change keyboard bindings directly to language that I want to use I use the following keyboard bindings to change keyboard layout in OS Windows7:
Ctrl+1 for Russian, Ctrl+2 for […]
- Custom key to toggle keyboard layout I want to set the key to toggle the language of my keyboard to "`" but I don't have this option at "Keyboard Layout" in Unity, in Ubuntu 12.04. I have already seen this answer but it […]
- Typing characters found in Portuguese In my text entry settings, I have Portuguese (Brazil).
However, I looked at the layout chart and it appears there is no ã character (a with tilde) which is a very common character in […]
- 13.10: how to set accelerator to select keyboard layout rather than switching to next/previous? There is a host of regressions related to switching keyboard layouts in 13.10. One of them is that the dialogue lets one choose accelerators for selecting previous/next keyboard […]
- Ubuntu and Qt creator keyboard layout change problem When I run Qt Creator on my Ubuntu 14.04 with English layout, it always types in English and it won't change if I change my layout to other language. In front, when I run Qt Creator with […]
- Danish Mac keyboard layout isnt correct No matter which one of the 5 available Danish keyboard layouts I choose from, the @ symbol (at) is always alt2 instead of the alt', which is normal on Danish Mac keyboards.
The answer to […]
- Keyboard layout changes when I unplug and re-plug external keyboard I have a notebook with an external keyboard. I want to use "German (no dead keys)" on both keyboards, but for the external, it keeps resetting if I unplug it. Actually, it does not really […]
- Lost Compose and Super Key Novice here using Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon.
I was attempting to set the third tier key when I noticed that the compose key no longer functioned. I fiddled with the settings for […]
- keyboard layout settings in ubuntu 13.10 I've been using a costumed keyboard layout in previous ubuntu changing the files keypad and kpdl in /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols.
I modified the legacy layout, so I used to choose legacy […]